Amendment 64 NOT in Effect 12/06/12?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by donutbread, Dec 6, 2012.

1. All I've been reading since the vote passed is that the Governor of Colorado had 30 days AT MOST to sign/ratify the Amendment. As in, 30 days since the vote passed, the law should take effect.

NOW all of a sudden, I'm hearing that it's at least another month til a jolly herb smoker of the age 22 like me can legally possess an ounce or less.

What is this s***? If this is true, does anyone here have legitimate sources to post? I feel like I've been led astray with having this countdown til December 6th going on in my head.

2. Some counties have already stopped prosecuting adults with weed, if your expecting to be able to walk into a dispensary and buy it, thats not happening for a while, my source said a system wont even be in place for that till 2014

3. Not at all. My expectations from what I've read over several articles says it would be legal to possess, not to distribute. I know the recreation marijuana stores won't be around for a while... but up until tonight, everywhere I read about Amendment 64, it was December 6th as the date when people can legally possess up to an ounce.

4. I believe The Governor has 30 days, from the date the vote is certified, to sign the Amendment. I'm not sure how long it took to certify the vote. From what I read, the Governor is expected to sign the Amendment in January 2013.

Arisia

5. The law go into effect when the Gov signs it or by Jan 6 witch ever happens first, thats what i read about it

6. Wow. What I heard up until this point was he had 30 days starting immediately after election day.

That's disappointing. I don't know why I didn't see it before.

7. I'm curious to see what sort of new companies will pop up out of all this.

Like US seed companies and breeders? Eventual amendments for hemp or seed/food based canna grows? I've had a dream for a while now to breed for large seed size for foodstuffs. :p

8. I don't think the elections aren't officially closed until december 6th, and the 30 days begins now..

9. You learn something everyday. Well, I already bought a 2 week pass to Mary Jane's bed. Not really gonna stop smoking just cause it's still illegal. I got a job now, so no drug test worries.

10. Alright, thank God Hickenlooper did not wait til January. IT'S OFFICIALLY LEGAL IN COLORADO!!!! (source: NORML.org)