amd drivers/monitor screen resolution issues

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Phamas, Sep 19, 2011.

1. I posted this a few other places but no one seems to quite understand my problem I guess.

I updated my drivers from Catalyst 11.6 to 11.8 after delaying 11.7 because when i updated to them it fucked up my screen, when it updates and the screen goes black it makes it so my screen doesn't fit on the screen anymore

its overstretched and to the left, aka all my icons and start bar is off my screen.

I fix it in catalyst control center with image adjustments but wheneever I open a game it reverts back and I have to redo the fix and apply it everytime I a-lt (really gc, censors the word a.lt? why) tab.

Some people suggested monitor drivers but IDK where to find them for windows 7 64 bit I've only seen vista

Card: HD 4850
    Monitor: LG L226W Flatron (Analog)

2. Your monitor's native resolution is 1680x1050. What resolution are you using?

PS - If you can ever avoid it, try not to use Catalyst Control Center (or the NVidia equivalent) for these exact reasons.

PSS - Drivers are not something to update unless there is a specific benefit (fix a problem, enable a feature, etc.). Don't update them just because a newer one is available.

3. Have you tried doing a clean install?

Uninstall old drivers, use driver sweeper, clean registry. Then install the new driver.