Ambient religious revival video (Humanism)

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by kzm007, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Theology's a really deep subject, especially when stoned, and if you can look at a Bible as a literary work, or a metaphor, it's a hell of mind-blow.

Smoke :smoke:! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec5dJHtMTSg]YouTube - The Revival Hymn (FULL)[/ame]

2. or you can look at it like the piece of shit it is. just like all religious documents in general.

'cept the flying spaghetti monster bible.

3. #3 kzm007, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2011
    Sure you can, to each his own, but it's all relative in the end.

I find it entertaining more from the thought that God is apparently so delightfully angry towards people...It's like Stewie Griffin :D

4. It's actually not relative. Either the core tenets of Christianity are true, or they are ancient human ignorance. Which is more likely?

5. #5 kzm007, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    Human ignorance, but I've always followed up with the argument that all 'politics' within religion aside, if it can be studied as a piece of writing or literature, written and edited by the various 'apostles' or authors, the belief system can still stand on its own merits.

The same goes for any religion's methodology, ideology or core beliefs - even if its all a huge fabrication, there are both 'good' and 'bad' segments within them that people can adhere to, or choose not to. Everything is translated differently by various people through the years, so of course it may be flawed. That said, the overall message is acceptable enough - maybe not all of it, but it's still all about personal perspective, which can never be wholly universal and will always be subjective.

I'm not trying to defend God's existence, nor am I trying to deny it. I'm saying that the numerous perspectives and thought processes surrounding various religions are what make it a profoundly personal thing for people. And that profoundness can often be manifested when the mind is opened through THC. That idea of having a connection is the only reason I posted the link in the first place, not to attempt and force any beliefs or dis-beliefs. What I or anyone else may think is irrelevant because belief is so subjective and dependent on different worldviews and outlooks.