Ambient Dubstep Hide and Seek Remix

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by n00baphobia, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Just finished this track tonight! Please lemme know what you think, I'm open to all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism! Thanks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSjwxKsg4M]Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek (d0rv Remix) - YouTube[/ame]

2. Meh was aight. Just blazed too it. Not enough bass used in my opinion, I like dubstep that bleeds my ears though, so take it with a grain of salt.

3. What is the definition of dub step like what makes dubstep dubstep? Ive heard that its the 2 step drum line??

im a fan and im actually thinking about dabbling with music producing programs, who knows maybe i love it i like to try things out :D

I guess i should just google...

But actually i have a question.. what app do you use to do your remix?

4. Yeah I know what you mean. But thanks for taking time to listen to it anyways.

Well dubstep is usually at 140bpm but it is played at half time, so it feels like 70bpm. I like to use 140 so I don't have to use 1/128 notes or some crazy shit like that for faster drum sounds. Usually dubstep is recognized by that half time drum pattern and the heavy sub-bass. Yeah you can google it if you want a more in depth explanation haha.

Thanks for the support. To answer you question I used Ableton Live 8. I love that program.

5. WOw no thank you this is gonna help me alot, ive been trying to create the sound with 120bpm on 1/16.. i guess i need to learn more about basic music fisrt though, But its cool ive learned how to tweak the sub bass to get the wobble wobble and the wub wub wub but yea obviously if this is all you think dubstep is then its just going to be that ametuerish crap.

But yea you set me on the right path thank you :D/

Any tutorials you used that helped you alot maybe you could send my way.. Im actually having loads of fun with dubstep.

Much love eeeeveryone!

6. ambient and dubstep together? I love it, thank god it's not another one of those generic ass dubstep songs.

7. Thanks a lot, just trying to experiment and see what I could get!

That's good, get the basics down first and then build on that to get to the more advanced stuff. Being persistent and not giving up is the key to just about... anything. Haha. There are many types of dubstep... ambient dubstep, rape your ears dubstep, metal dubstep, hell there is probably opera dubstep.

Tutorials are all on youtube. Just google "dubstep tutorial" and you will be on your way.

But if you want more, PM me and I'll send some links.