Amber Maturity

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by MommaBear, Jan 17, 2017.

1. So say you want to harvest at 30% amber? When should a flush be started to ensure she doesn't get too ripe? Is there kind of a general maturity rate I should look for? Pretty sure the strain is Chronic Haze.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. My opinion they change from clear milky to amber quick on most of my strains. I'm talking within ten days. Start your flush as soon as you see most tricomes are milky. How long is your flush? I chop when most are cloudy/milky start my flush as soon as I see any cloudy ones and I only flush for 7 to 10 days.

3. Are you in soil? A flush is overrated in soil but certainly doesn't hurt. When Amber first shows up start your plain water. In hydro, @ 90% Milky.

4. I forgot to mention my girls are in coco.

5. In soil. Haven't needed to do any flushing yet during my grow so would probably be pretty built up towards the end. I give half strength every other watering. Run off ph is about 6.5. I've read at least a 5 day flush really helps the taste but I only water every 6-8 days so I'm assuming I would need at least two weeks to be effective. So still when all is cloudy, just seeing amber?

6. Get some GH florakleen. It doubles the speed of flush compared to just water at least. I've used it with every plant I've grown. They're all super smooth soil and DWC.

Just a stupid question. Has anyone ever really regretted letting their plants go longer? I sure haven't. I've never been like, "This high just sucks! I wish I would have cut it down two weeks ago." I always say error on the side of longer. Usually the worst thing that happens is your buds get bigger and more potent.

7. You're right I just prefer to not fall asleep immediately after smoking. Thanks for your reply I will try it!