Amber is here...harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by emt1581, Dec 27, 2018.

1. I asked this two weeks ago only then, the closest (and smallest) plant in the photos had clear trichomes under a 10x loupe. Now...ambers are showing up consistently on all cholas. I'm getting the feeling in my gut that I REAALLLYY should harvest despite the plant being only 6" or so above the scrog. It's also developed under the scrog which I don't understand. It's a sexbud (C99) closest to the camera. The taller plant in the back is a blueberry and not a hint of amber yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I DO NOT want a bunch of bud that gives me couchlock again because I wait too long to harvest. Now that I definitely see amber on the smaller plant.....why shouldn't I chop it, trim it and hang it?

Thanks!

2. Cut it.
    Looks good.

3. The small one up front right? Do I need to flush it for a certain number of days with plain water (no nutes)?

Thanks!

4. It wouldn't hurt, how high of PPMs were you running

5. Flush till u hit 100-150ppm

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

6. Not sure. I was using a Nectar for the God's sample regiment.

How many days would you flush and how rapidly are those ambers going to show up?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I’m using Nectar
    Flush with ph’d water for a couple weeks. Drying out between each flush
    Should work. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. I've been using spring water for the entire grow. Never tested pH, I love my meter and don't have any free time to go buy another. Plus, this plant had crystal clear trichomes two week ago. My concern is that the sporadic amber cap I'm seeing now will be covering surfaces two weeks from now. I can't understate how concerned I am about these ambers. It really ruined my experience during my first grow when it came to smoking. Fell asleep 100% of the time after being couchlocked.

So are these ambers going to stop progressing during flushing or something?

Thanks

9. Anyone? Really curious to know about the need for flushing and the speed at which ambers progress,

Thanks!!

10. Are you seeing Amber on the buds or leaf? Still looks like it has some swelling going on

• Like Like x 1
  11. I would think it would have to have a substantial amount of Amber to give a noticable couchlock. Like some of those pictures you see the bud having a golden hue.

12. And no I don't think they stop progressing just cause you flush.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Both bud and leaf. And now that I take a second look at the larger blueberry....that has amber on bud/leaves as well.

14. That might be true. Last time the entire (scrawny) plant was amber. So definitely let it go too long. But now I'm seeing about 5-10% amber, 10-20% clear and then the rest creamy/white.

I'm just debating whether to risk a couple weeks of plain water as suggested above vs. cutting tomorrow night and stopping the ambers from progressing.

15. Wow. I guess it's all about ratio preference then. I think you would miss out on the full yield potential if you chop now tho.

16. Right, that's part of my concern. But the feeling I got from the ambers was really not desirable at all. Is there no way to tell how fast ambers will progress?

Thanks

17. That sounds like the ideal ratio to have, they just still look healthy and vigorous.

18. Man that sucks, I tried to get couchlock effects a couldn't. I do know they don't turn from clear to Amber overnight and don't think there is really anything you can do to speed up or slow it down. Maybe try a different strains next time and/or grow this one out to it's full potential and trade it for stuff you like.

19. This was supposed to be the anti-couchlock strain. So not looking to try something else before this doesn't hit the mark.

Good to know they won't pop up overnight. Still, I think tomorrow will start a flush. How crucial is 2 weeks of flush? Absolutely necessary or is it a luxury to refine the taste/effect?

Thanks

20. I don't think it's detrimentatal if you just feed water from here on out.

• Like Like x 1