Amber amber EVERYWHERE

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gunnarig, Sep 15, 2012.

1. taking a look at a sugar leaf under a microscope i notice a whole lot of amber. is it too late to use GHE ripen now for 10 days and then flush for a week. i am looking for a "i dont wanna stand up for a week" couchlock high. also are leafs quicker to amber up does the calyx take longer becuse under my hps i cant see any ambering of the calyx they all seem clear that way. i still have like half my pistils reaching for pollen and not brown and withered. any comments welcome thx.

2. If you are sure they are mostly amber then you will have to think about chopping, there is such a thing as letting them go too long and then the whole thing is a waste.

If they are more than 60-70% amber then I wouldn't even flush I'd just chop.

Take some samples from different areas of the plant to look at under the scope to be sure, maybe even take a test bud ;):smoke:

3. listen to wizball, he's right. it's called diminished returns. if you're to the point of mostly amber trichs, you pretty much waited too long to harvest. i'd cut em down now. but if you like mostly amber, you're cool, but i'd still harvest....

4. but thats what i am afraid of i took a sample bud it was a small bud that was at allmost the lowest point of one of the plants it seemed to have mostly clear tricomes while i can ongly find like 30-50% amber on the sugar leaf of the main cola buds they still aint showing me amber on the calyx it self ongly the sugar leaf. so is that enough to go by or should i wait for ambering of the calyx it self ? bear in mind i dont want to be functional high i need a sleep aid. not a stay awake all night thinking kind of a high.

5. I always use the cola as my main target for trichome hunting, so people leave the harvest half of the plant and leave the bottom to ripen but I see no need.

If they is more than 30% amber and its a strain you have not grown before then I'd give them a quick flush or maybe just think about chopping depending on how far along they are. I've chopped at 50% amber many times and been alright (couchlock indica is my favorite high). Just be aware that with some strains the Trichomes will change much faster than others.

Even a 50/50 clear/cloudy chop of a heavy indica strain will be couchlock :smoke:

6. But what % of amber is the ratio.

Ed Rosenthal says as long as your not 100% amber your not losing potentcy yet.I would def flush.A week if theres room to play..

7. Leaves turn faster look at the buds

8. I definately disagree.

9. I meant by the time of a two weeks flush, Blueberry is still knockout with only around 10% amber :smoke:

10. Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!

11. ya, i believe it's the amber that is the couchlock color isn't it?

12. Thanks for the replys. i think ill stick to my schedule then and chop maybe a week over months end after ive given them some ripen. thats the thing thogh i was looking at buds yesterday i could not find any ambering of buds how far you recon they lag behind the sugar leaf. but this is logical thogh the sugar leaf were the first crystals to form. this is Northern lights. and i cant see any sighn of a sativa phenome it it but im not sure wich kind of Nl it is.

13. How many days is flower are you?

14. im not sure. i didnt take time when i flipped over i wanted to go purely by tricomes and no set X time(wich is proving a tremendus headace) but i think i am about 8 weeks in

15. Yes...

16. If nothing else atleast get 100% cloudy then you'll be close to desired effect.

When you think it's really done.Go another full week is a great rule of thumb.

I've also started not figuring in the first week of flower as they are not actually flowering untill about 8-10 days in.If a strain says done in 8 weeks I plan on 9 weeks minimum.Maybe 10.

And yes mark your flip dates always man.I used to do the same thing,and its a bad very annoying habbit.

17. yeah i figure its best to let to go too long than to short im gonna give them ripen for 10 days and then stop all feeding from5-15 days depending on how they look. anyways ill post some showoff pics one ive chopped and cured. this is the first crop in this setup so i aint expecting much next time around will be a much smoother ride when i know what im working with. Thx for all the help folks