Amazing Movie: Alone in the Wilderness

Discussion in 'General' started by budsmokn420, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Alone in the Wilderness (TV 2004) - IMDb

[ame=http://vimeo.com/20404596]Alone in the Wilderness - Richard Proenneke on Vimeo[/ame]

This movie is absolutely amazing. I watched it high and goddamn it blew my mind. This guy makes some of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I don't wanna ruin it so I won't go into specifics, but seriously take the time to watch this short documentary. It's only an hour long...

Enjoy! Peace :smoke:

2. I wanna do this, but I wouldn't be able to survive.

3. From 26:38-44 It looks like he's humping the log lol.

But on a serious note, this guy is the shit. The house he makes is amazing. It's nuts the things he comes up with.

4. Yea I was laughing a lot of the time cause of the way he narrates the movie. He'll be making something completely insane/awesome and he just talks about it like it's no big deal lmao

5. Hahaha I know! I love how he gets so happy with the littlest things. "Sheep liver and onions for supper! A satisfying day."

6. I watched this thing a while ago and again today and I still have the same question...

Why the fuck does he build another cabin when there's already a perfectly good one right there?

7. To have that experience of living in a home that he produced with his bare hands. To do build something so amazing like that with no help at all must have been very satisfying. It's all apart of the experience. He obviously didn't need to move out into the middle of no where, but he did because he wanted the experience.