Amazing metal band

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CODVeteran67k, Dec 17, 2008.

1. #1 CODVeteran67k, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008
    Anyone listen to these guys??? I suggest you check them out if your into metal and hardcore, but can appreciate other genres mixed in. One of the most talented bands in the metal today IMO.

http://www.myspace.com/betweentheburiedandmeband

2. hell yeah man. im addicted to progressive metal. opeth, between the buried and me, the human abstract, dream theater. its all good shit.

3. They are alright for Metalcore...

4. I'm going to have to disagree with this. I wouldn't label them as metalcore at all. Progressive metal or progressive death metal would probably be more accurate.

5. this band is better:D

there name is salt the wound-http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=1899893

6. fucking string slingin

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DND8S_CF_g"]YouTube - Necrophagist - Only Ash Remains[/ame]

7. BTBAM is probably one of the most talented bands out there. I've seen them like 4 times so far, once they performed the entire album of COLORS shortly after it was released. I was really baked and needless to say it was one of the best experiences of my life.

p.s. necrophagist is sick too, they rocked summer slaughter.

8. I listened to my share of core, each time thinking this one has to be better then the last...

Surely a whole genre can't be bad, can it?

9. Hardcore motherfuckers! URRRGHHH!

10. BTBAM is dankness. i have every CD they've put out and their DVD.. seen them twice also. VERY good band.

11. I don't think they would qualify as Death Metal.

12. maybe not, it's all a matter of opinion. If you don't like them, then don't post.

Colors would have to be my favorite album. You can zone the fuck out listening to it from beginning to end. Alaska is pretty good too.

13. Death metal is Death, Grave, Incantation, Bloodbath, Amon Amarth, etc., it is not a matter opinion saying BTBAM is not death metal. Though that doesn't make them bad, them being bad is an opinion, a rather common one at that, but still just a opinion.

You should also expect such an opinion on such a thread as you should expect people pointing out that they are not death metal.

14. "Progressive" death metal is what i said. I personally just think of them as progressive metal.

15. Progressive death metal is a sub-genre of death metal which makes it still death metal.

16. It is still more accurate than calling them metalcore.

17. This is getting a bit off-topic, but anyways, metalcore technically is some a mixture between hardcore, punk, and metal (Or some variation of this). Between The Buried And Me is undeniably a such a band, they are unique in that their influences are more diverse then is common with metalcore, but they still have hardcore/punk and metal influences in their music.

It helps to know what you are talking about, just so you know. :)

18. ...may..I..say.....burn?

I Would agree.

Its a Very Metalcore band.:D

19. #19 mkurucar, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008

Whatever man. Just let the people who like Between the Buried and Me discuss them. And yes, it is getting off-topic because people like you feel the need to come into a thread and tell everyone you don't like them.

20. Ah this is probably my most favorite band of all. I would say they're Progressive Metalcore. They're first two albums don't have that much progressive influence in them, but they're two recent albums, Alaska and Colors, have very evident Progressive feel to it.

Right now I'm trying to learn Mordecai on guitar... I've got like half of it down so far. This song is a beast I must admit.