Amazing luck

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by asajosh, Oct 29, 2007.

1. I was chatting with a friend from my old job and he mentiond that he had purhcased some Isis seeds from Dr. Chronic.
    I was floored, I knew he smoked but didnt know he ever grew!
    Anyway, his wife says smoking is fine but growing is a no-no so he gave me the two seedlings he started! In perfect time to replace my faltering bag seed plants!

Does anyone have any experience growing Isis? I looked it up and it looks like a new(ish) strain. And how does it smoke?

Also, he started them in little "dirt ball" plugs, like rockwool cubes but dirt held together by a thin net. Not wanting to disturb the root, I carefully cut away the net and plant the dirt ball (about the size of a golf ball) directly into a bed of rockwool. I prefer to grow in a flood and drain hydro setup. I figure over the course of a couple waterings the dirt will just wash away, and be replaced by rockwool. Will this be ok for the little seedlings? don't want to shock them do death...

2. 'tis fine, just make yer ph at like 6.0 and they'll be fine.. could'a even left the letting..

3. Could have left the netting huh? I thought about it but then I started thinking, hmm 2 different mediums, 2 different water retention levels,... I tricked myself :eek:

Thanks for the confirmations Irie! :D

4. with flood and DRAIN when you drain wheres all that debris gonna go mud and rock/sand right to your filter keep an eye on it to watch for any build up or clogging thatll ruiin your day to see you new soon to be whores dead

5. True, but I'm growing heres what Im groing in. A 5 gallon water coolr from Home Depot. I cut a hole in the lid and dropped a net pot in there, and filled the net pot with grodans (little chopped up rockwool cubes). When I water (by hand at the moment), the water floods the medium and just drains into the cooler below. Every couple days I simply take off the lid and pour out the water. When the plants reach adult size (and I'm set on a concetration of plant food), I'll mix up a gallon or two in the cooler, then pour it out from the spiggot and water that way. :)