Amateurs landing on the moon?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by DankDankMax, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Has anyone ever heard about a group of amateurs (as in pretty low budgeted, below 10 thousand dollars) launching a rocket to the moon or perhaps dropping off a robot there? What could stop them from such actions?

2. Yeah, no one owns the moon mannn:smoke:

3. nothing like that has happened that i`ve heard of. tons of things could stop it like solar winds, solar flare , rocket breaking upon liftoff, not enough rocket fuel , inadequate planning , plotting a wrong course trajectory. i don't think it can be done with a budget of 10,000 actually cause don`t rockets and rocket fuel cost a lot of money? ^ also in your sig weed is classified as a plant not a tree.

4. I'm not sure $10,000 would even build a home made airplane. Let alone spaceship which could travel 238857 miles into space and land on the moon.
    :confused_2:

5. im pretty sure the license needed to launch something into space costs more than 10 grand lol, governments all over would be like shit someones launching missles into space

6. The gov't would shoot your ass down so fast.

7. Hahaha yes

8. This guy knows.

So.... How much did it cost?

9. I think he traded nasa a few hundred pounds of hash for the moon ride

10. I don't care who has been the first person to space or the moon it's still equally mine to land on whenever there's a U.S. flag on it or not.

11. more like the CIA...they are the biggest illegal drug smugglers in the world. Just saying.

12. I'm pretty sure the FAA would no be happy with that.:eek:

13. Google Lunar X PRIZE

These teams of regular people have spent $30 million or more just to do that

14. This, these X prize people are blazing new frontiers really...corporate space flight is the next big step.

15. whoa you need a fucking license. bs god dam government doesnt own space.

16. Back in my day a hundred pounds of hash would get you to the moon and back 20 times at least. But then again, reece's were only a nickel

17. You need a license to drive a car. You need a license to build a dock. And you're surprised you need a license to fly to space? lol

But yeah, all of it's bs I agree with you there haha

18. $8,000 buys you like a volksplane.

$10,000 = roundtrip to the moon? nahhh.