Amare pro 9 & se450uvb

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by smittywilson, May 2, 2016.

1. Thanks man she is impressive at the moment loving her structure too. Hope all is well on your end bro

• Like Like x 2
  2. All is good bro just working away

Well I found a herm under the pro9 so that thang had to go it was one of the grease monkeys I started from seed but everything else is coming along nicely the two plants that was finished under the pro 3 are in flush and starting to fade [​IMG]the pro9
    [​IMG]the pro3

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  3. Hey Smitty, what is the optimal source to canopy distance?
    My Amare 450UVB did a fantastic job with the quality. My yield was 12 ounces(dried) via 5 plants with a 8 week flowering time. But as I was scaling everything up I honestly thought I was pulling way over a pound with the bud size.
    The buds are medium to large but really light, is it a distance issue?

• Like Like x 2
  4. What was the distance you had yours at I think victor said around 24"

• Like Like x 2

5. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Hey guys have problem with deficieny and ideas what it could be and the distance for the 450 is 20in to 24 with no lense 30 to 36 with lenses I had mine hung at 24 inch with 3 26 in wicked led which end up of a total of 546 watts at the wall with no UV and I pulled almost 600g

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ya bro 20-24 without lenses 40 with.
    I'm thinking about bringing them closer but I don't wanna make it too intense.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Forgot to add I was using the recommend distance, maybe I should buy another amare lighting system

9. #289 bsless, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Do you have a journal what is your environment like what nutrients are you using. Like they have all said a lot of things goes into what your finished product looks like. Another lights isn't always the answer if your grow is missing something buy what you need not another light. Amare lights are great lights they will grow what you want you just have to do all the other work

• Like Like x 4
  11. #291 toke7288, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    How you liking your pro series lights smitty? Been talking with Victor and thinking on either a 450uvb and a pro3 or a pro9 and pro4. Thinking about selling my platinum and mars lights to help fund it. Just trying to decide if it's what I wanna do right now

Tokes LED multi-strain hotspot

• Like Like x 4
  12. I love the pro 9 the pro 3 gives you the most flexibility out of the lights more light sources are better than one. I haven't done a real run under the pro 3 but I can tell it's a work horse

• Like Like x 4
  13. So would you run a pro9, or 3x pro4. If you had the room?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. 3 pro4s you can spread the light out evenly across the canopy no dark corners

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ya, that's what I was wondering. The pro 9 is good for a 5x5. But how good? I found that my p9xml2 was not the true 4x4 spread they said it was. It's a good light, but 2x600 is better option.
    I'm wondering if it's like that.,I need to make up my mind on it.

What's your full review on the pro 9 Smitty. We all want to know if it's the real deal. It's pricey. And powerful, but would you buy it again today. Im close to hitting one. But I'm on the fence a little about it. I don't know that I like one light solutions. And my other concerns is the cobs / Monos. Only 4 cobs, do you find the monos can effectively work at 40" with lenses on? I want one man. But I also want those pro4's. So hard man. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Decisions decisions lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Howd the run under the pro9 turn out? I like your idea of 2 or 3 pro3s. I like multiple lights better than 1. I hate shadows lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. The pro 9 put out some buds that was bigger than my buddies light dep grow in a green house. I am very impressed with the pro 9 and would buy 100 of them.

I used on p9xml2 in a 5x5 tent for a run and a half and had wall to wall coverage you can raise the xml2 lights a lil higher and still get great results

More lights are better that one. More lights are better than one. Lol

You get all the 5x5 coverage you will need with the pro9. But you will get an even coverage with the two or more pro3 or pro4s. You won't get that one big hot spot in the middle it will spread it out even over the canopy with 2-3 sources. So if you want one beast of a light get the pro9 but if you wanna make sure every bud and leaf is getting good even light in your grow area go with multiple lights. I love all my lights and they all have a purpose in my garden. And I am not sorry about anything I have. I will continue to play to find each lights sweet spot but as for now I could ask for anything more

• Like Like x 4

19. Haha, ok smitty. Thanks again for all your input brother. It's greatly appreciated. I'll think it over and decide this week. I've wanted the pro9 since I saw yours, lol. But I also wanted the pro 3 once I saw yours. The bigger question is how did you get these lights before anybody else here even heard of them. ??Lol. Must be amusing to you listening to us hum and haw about two lights you already own. Haha. You've got the best setup brother.

Still can't send cash to Victor yet, seems they got hacked or something. But he's saying end of next week, everything will be sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Actually if you look hard enough you can find them online through a European supplier. I talked to victor at the right time I guess lol. But I also have some bigger things that I am working on just taking longer than I want it to but progress is being made. I also was one of the first to have a to have some others light lol. [​IMG]amnesia

[​IMG]a floppy laniakea lol

[​IMG]and grease monkey

All on week 4 I think I will have to look maybe week 5. I am running with the lenses on. It gives you a great light source but reduces the light spread greatly. I am getting close to a 5x5 coverage but I don't have the recommended ceiling hight I am about 10" short from the recomended distance to the canopy but they love it and pray to the light

• Like Like x 4