AMARE BAR 6 in 5 x 5 Multi Strain Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Weed Dude, May 22, 2020.

1. Hi Hybridway,

Glad to see you drop in! Post away no issue here. I have to admit I am a biased AMARE fan. Just did my second grow and I am still am blown away on the performance of the BAR 6. Have to be conscious of the UV and intensity. Had a couple of the Ladies go purple. Plus some tacoing Just dialed back the light and all was well. They also finished earlier than expected by a good week. I normally go a minimum of 10 weeks and I had to pull two of them just past week 7. Here are a few pics.
    ATT00001 (1).jpg ATT00001.jpg ATT00001 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. #42 Hybridway, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    It is rated IP-65-67 that's why it works fine. All Horticultural lights are desighn to get a Lil wet to allotta wet. Sure, there are plenty out there (even quite popular ones) that cannot even be around certain gasses nm water, foliar or preventative. But the new DLC requirements will be changing all that. Should have went into place on the 1st.
    I think it's amazing that it works fine after the pics of the box. Yessir, we picked a good one!

3. Thanks! Was a definite learning experience. Just finishing my second grow with the BAR 6. Looks like it will be another successful grow. I had minimum purpling this round. I cranked up the potash and doubled the cal/mg. Still need to get that scrog net setup.

4. Hey Everyone,
    Just finished up my 2nd grow and an still learning a lot with the BAR 6. We netted 1.8lbs. I found that I need to crank up the cal/ mg due to the extreme growth rate. The BAR 6 spectrum really super charges the photosynthesis process. I really pushed the nutrient strengths last grow. The third round will be in 5 gal plastic pots. In 100 % coco using Cyco nutes and a few additives. Ihave used fabric pots for a few years and thought I would give them a try. One of the downsides of fabric pots is that they dry out faster.
    Hope everyone is staying safe. Keep it Green
    WD

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well family sorry for such a long delay !!! Ran into some health issues and then the COVID hit. The BAR 6 has been just cruising along. Here are a couple of pics. PURPLICIOUS...
    . IMG_20211229_091410753.jpg IMG_20211229_091418786.jpg IMG_20211229_091436952.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looking sweet and tasty is all I can say! Keep it up and stay healthy m!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Nice everything!

When you write that you have to be aware of the uv in there. Do you mean in regards to the plants or your skin when you are in there maintaining?

8. Sorry,
    Definitely, UVA can damage your skin but it isn't a big deal. You can just turn them off. I always turned the lights down or wear sunglasses. The plants LOVE it really frost them up
    . IMG_20211229_091410753.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. #50 Hybridway, Mar 23, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    Hi Weedude! How ya been? Here's a Cake n Chem wrapping up. The big bud pic is a few wks earlier. Cake n Chem by GPS under the Solar Bar-8 & the 6'r like you have. After harvesting the plant on either side, I was able to utilize the versitility of the Bar-8 & shut off half my Bar-6. Still love that option. Then dropped a Pro-4 @ 275w on the other side & the SE-450 Facing it for the last wk or so. I add light but dim them all towards the end for trich preservation & not trying to get that growth spurt that never stops but can decrease thc n compound levels. How's everything brother? You know how we always say there's a big difference between using an Amare led to say one that's a super popular HEE (High Electrical Efficiency) or white n red? You gotta peep this SBS. He's a cannabis cup winner & this was his first sbs. What a good job he did! Went endcap to endcap n everything. Full panel Lab Analysis coming up too!. After so many sbs's I've never seen Amare even come close to losing, just land-slide wins every single time. Got so bad I literally had to try the newest HEE boards n bars vs my SE-450 & Pro-4's. Wouldn't you know, 2.0 umol/j SE-450 Wound up replacing the HLG Diablo 650R. A 2.9 umol/j lamp thats just the typical white n red spectrum. Not a spanking in yields, about the same 7yr old SE-450/New Diablo 650R. But the bag appeal drives it home everytime. Can only sbs Amare vs Amare now. There's nobody left. Lol! Now to get back out there so Growers can Experience the Hortri-Centric series. Im going to make sure you get one in the near future too.
    A must see: mad props to FloraFarm!..
    Login • Instagram.
    End of the sbs pic 1st: 20220304_131214.jpg 20220318_212015.jpg 20220318_212008.jpg 20220317_044701.jpg 20220317_044715.jpg 20220313_202511.jpg 20220313_202435.jpg

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. If you want purple n high secondary metabolites, you definitely got that option! Very nice!!

11. Hi Hybridway,

BEAUTIFUL!! Those are awesome!! I can't agree with you more on the AMARE's. I don't even think about having light or heat issues. Cannabis Cup winner that's great news. SO your seeing the regrowth also. Thanks for the tip! I will turn the lights down at the end. I have been running the BAR 6 at 24 inches and start at 50% intensity for a week. Once I flip to flower I crank it up about 10 % per week till I am at 100%. I use the "lay and pray" method. I normally run 10 weeks starting a 2 week flush at week 8, but now I am starting my flush a week earlier and normally by week 8 they are done... I use the 250 for clones & seedlings the 450 for veg and flower if I need too. I found if I slam them hard with Cal/mg you can control the purpling. Some strains it just happens. Keep it Green.

WD

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nice! Sounds like a good routine you have for transitioning. Many bang em right away n winder why they go into LedDefficiency shock. Easing in is the best thing I ever did too. Keep up the good work homie!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Yes, They seem to like it a lot better. It also seems to help the purpling. It's been an odd year weather wise. running in the 80's the last couple of days. Had to put in the window AC unit. I've been running fewer plant this round giving them more room to spread out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Greetings all! Haven't posted in a very long time. The whole Industry is changing where I hang my hat. There is an overabundance of medicine now. The BAR 6 is still running flawlessly. I have been cutting my plant count back because it produces so well. With all of the supply shortages for fertilizers prices have really spiked as has everything else. Hope the family has been well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hey Everyone! Finally crawled out of my cave! What's new in GC land?
    WD

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Hi bud! Me too, been swamped . Had to move and reset up. Not a mishmosh of lights like before tho. Bar'6's in one room and Bar-8's and 6's in the other. No more testing, sbs or anything. I pop in and see you had the sane thoughts. The led section not popping around here like back in the day hu?. Glad to see your good bro.! What's going on these days with you?

17. Hey Hybrid,

Great to hear from you! Yeah the climate has really changed. Recently ran into some health issues but am bouncing back. The market here in the "home state" has crashed. The better- half and I hit the dispensaries and only try their "platinum" level meds. We always walk away with "our " meds are better than that. Many a growers I know have given up growing. we never grew for profit but were (and) are caregivers. We also have learned the power of the BAR 6 (Still liked to get a HORTI) to have more control. I took your advice to heart and have really gotten things dialed in. I use a humidity dome with fluorescent lamp for sprouting or rooting clones. Once they get established I move them to the SS-220 running just the COB's until they get acclimated. I then switch on the Mono's . I run them for a couple of weeks and transplant them into 1 gallon pots. They then go under the SE- 450. COB's then Mono's. Once We hit Week 4-5 (Veg). I move them under the SB-600. We changed things up and run the light no more than 12 to 18 inches at 30 % this has helped with the stretch. I increase the power by 10 % a week and maintain 18 inches. Once we get through stretch I plan on dropping the light back down to 12 inches and dialing the power back down. Towards the last two weeks. I will introduce the UVA 15 minutes before main lights come on and 15 minutes after main lights off gradually increasing that time as we get close to harvest. The last 3 days I will run strictly the UVA to push the trichome production. We always flush for at least two weeks or until the bottom fan leaves began to lighten or fade. Sounds like you got things dialed in .

Yeah, there still are a lot of "haters" out there. The "family" knows what we have. It's been about 10 years and I still have an original SS-100 that still works.. I've done plenty of grows under the BAR 6 and my other AMARE lights, and they have never disappointed me. One of my mentors taught me a valuable lesson a long time ago. They always said: "It's all about the LOVE" to this day when it's time to harvest I always get a bit of a "sadness" when that day comes . Spending the time in the "garden" all those weeks tending, caring and just enjoying that time of serenity and peace. Having a bit of nature indoors. Appreciating the bountiful harvest these precious plants provide us.
    Keep it Green,
    WD

• Like Like x 1