Am the only person that uses screens?

Discussion in 'General' started by junkyarddog, Mar 8, 2010.

1. #1 junkyarddog, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
    Who wants hot weed ashes in their mouth?
    Im sure there's some people that use screens but 75% of the ppl i smoke with dont use screens at all.
    So now i get a whole bunch at a my headshop and carry them in my wallet.
    Seriously!!! get some screens
    At your local headshop they range from 10cents a pop to FREE.
    Peace.

2. 4realz i dont smoke out of pipes or bongs much any more but when i did i always had a screen of both kinds inn my wallet or car....

3. dude for real?
    my favorite part of smoking is when the hot ash hits my tongue. :rolleyes:

nah but for real.. i just pull nice and gently when a bowls gettin to that pull-through point.. sometimes i still get a little ash in my mouth.. but i don't mind. i feel like unless it's a glass screen, the taste of my weed is changed by the screen.

and i'm all for glass screens.. but the fuckers are like 3 bucks a piece, and if i buy 10 i'll probably lose 8 of them within a month. so, here i am, screenless as usual :smoke:

4. hmmm... ive never noticed a difference but ill definitely hav to look into it
    i guess ill try making a screen out of stems and then ill compare it to my normal metal screen

:bongin:

5. ew naw don't do that. stems have their own weird flavor. i'd rather use a normal screen lol

6. ive never tasted a difference between a screen and no screen? :confused::confused:

but yeah its not really a big deal i usually use screens when i have them, dont when i dont, oh wwell

7. Depends on what im smoking, what im smoking it out of, what the screen is made of, etc etc. the coolest screen i have seen lately is from a local shop, ther not cheap but there made out of hi clarity glass fiber-optic strands. Very nice and smooth with no after taste. dont know where they got them because they just come in a little zip-lock style bag. ten screens for 12 bucks u.s. I use them in my double bubbler so i dont pull through (its a beatch to clean). They last about as long as brass screens and almost never clog. :hello:

8. i use a glass pipe and bubbler and i never use screans they tast odd. but i take hits slow untill i smoke a couple bowls out of it. i let the resent build up and thats my screen. once and a while i get a lil ash falling in and embers to. but once u get your peace dirty the resent catches it before it reaches your mouth

9. my down stem is not that big but im afraid that im gonna waste some weed if i dnt use some sort of screen lol

10. I use a screen on 2 of my pieces. One of them is essentially a novelty piece which requires a screen or else the bud will just fall through. The second one, my bubbler, has a very small opening for the bowl, so it clogs easier than I would wish, so in order to keep stray pieces of ground up nug from ruining my session I put a screen in it. It's helped immensely with the smoothness since I'm not constantly pulling stuff through.

11. to the guy saying screens change the taste. No.

take a pair of scissors. close them on a freshly silver screen. see now you dont want to inhale that shit, so you take your light, and hold it all over the screen, till you see it turn black. if you roll the screen a bit, you can get all of it at once time with the flame.

proceed to putting the BLACK screen, in that bowl and get high bitches:cool:

and o god, its not about gettting ash and little pieces of weed in your mouth. its about getting that shit in your LUNGS. barf.
    dont smoke anymore, so i dont have to worry with vaping

12. okay.. so i could definitely be wrong about them changing the taste. i haven't used a metal screen in about 4 years. either way.. i havent had a screen (glass or metal) in about 6 months.. and i smoke bongs and pipes and it works out fine for me. now and then i get ash in my mouth when i'm not careful. but really it's not that unpleasant of an experience. sorta sucks if it's still embered, but even then i've never gotten a painful burn in my mouth or anything. just momentary pain.

but if you use a screen you use a screen.. i'm not gonna complain about it or ask questions if somebody i smoke with has a screen in their bowl.

13. I almost never smoke out of pipes, and I only use screens with my bong when I smoke keif. I've got an ashcatcher for one of my bongs.

14. I use a glass screen in my bong, just because I don't want to have a bunch of ash and shit floating around, sticking to the sides of my bong when I try to clean it.

15. Screens clog up and piss me off.

I hate smoking out of pipes though.

16. ^This.

Screens just aren't worth the trouble for me. When I buy a new piece I always make sure the airhole isn't going to be a problem...if it's too big to be plugged up with a nugglette, it goes back. If it's too small and will clog easily, it goes back. A brand new screen would be clogged up and nasty after a few days use for me, and I don't want to be assed about burning the resin off the screen, or poking the resin out with a needle like I've seen some people do. Just a waste of time when a little piece of bud works just as well, IMO.

I very rarely get ash in my mouth when I'm smoking from one of my pipes. Guess I'm just cool like that :cool:

17. I have a screen in my pipe because one of my friends broke the bowl scraping it. Still works just has a screen now. I have one in my bong too because otherwise weed would get sucked through. It's a hand-me-down bong so whatever. I'm buying an Illadelph this summer and no screens except glass will be used on that

18. screens are essential for me considering i just smoke snappers all day and any amount of sucking through is me being less high

19. Fuck screens.

Never had a problem not using them :smoke:

20. I used to use screens when I had my glass piece. They're perfect for smoking small amounts and conserving.