Am I watering too much?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NorCalTemp, Mar 15, 2010.

1. So my seeds popped out about 4 days ago and ive been watering them every 12 hours. Is this too much? They are going to be put outside where they will be watered twice a week so what should I do?

2. only water when they are dry. that is way to much. are going to get fungas nats. i only water every 3 to 4 days. water till water comes out the bottom of the pot. u want 15 to 20 percent to come out the bottom of what u just watered

3. So water more but less, more water but only every three days or so. I get it right?

4. Cmon guys I need to know this, i dont want to kill em

5. Depends how big your pots are I think watering every 12 hrs is overkill while seedlings need a constant but small supply of water you only need to keep the medium moist when the soil drys out about a 1'' on top then its time for a water I'd say just make sure the surface never stays dried out for too long. After awhile you'll get the feel for it and how often you need to water took me awhile in the beginning too.

6. wait till the top inch or so of soil is crusty and dry then water then again, allowing the soil to dry a little allows the roots to get air and encourage rapid growth!! to wet bad to dry bad, but if you water till you get drainage out the bottom then allow th soil to dry out and get crusty on the top you should be gold!

7. Thanks guys, i think since the pots are only about 3-4" in diameter and cardboard ill water around every 24 hours or less. Maybe every 36 hours but I just rearranged the whole CFL setup and make the CFLs lke an inch or two away from them, i hope it makes em bushy

8. I'm the king of overwatering and you have me beat hands down! :D
    Every 12 hours! You are a wildman!

9. Overwatering does not happen from giving too much water in a single watering -- overwatering happens from watering too frequently. MJ roots, and the beneficial microorganisms in your soil that have a symbiotic relationship with your plant's roots, like oxygen, so if you keep the soil constantly moist you will suffocate the roots and microbes and promote root rot. Water thoroughly when you do (until you get good runoff) then no water at all until the soil dries out a bit.

10. I personally water 1 cup every 2 days.But everyone has there own thing, every 12 hours is a little to much though

11. Do you guys thnk an inch from the plant with a 6500k 85 watt replacement CFL is too close?

12. Probbly a bit to close unless you got a nice breeze on it, generaly if you put the back of your hand where the plant is, and if the bulb makes the back of your hand warmish//hot its a little to close. i got mine 1inch from my buds but i got 3 6inch fans blowing on them all the time. gl bra