Am I wasting my time?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mr ducky, Mar 24, 2011.

1. #1 mr ducky, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    Sorry there's no picture but I have a few "immature" seeds. They're solid white/beige. I was told they're immature and doubtful they will grow but I figured id give it a shot and try germination anyway. Thanks for your input.

2. I'm pissed though because one of two of my seeds never germinated already and that seemed to be a decent seed. So hence why I'm asking this question

3. so, the seeds are white colored???

4. Ive tossed 20 or so seed into germ. before just to see what happened. Some of the white ones did sprout.

5. Alright cool. Well they're germinating as we speak so well see. How long should I wait if they hadn't sprouted yet? Like a wk and a half?

6. It's more like they dont have a color at all. No brown at all, no stripes, nothin. I was told that means it "immature"

7. If they dont sprout in 24-48 hours then they are bad.

8. thats definitely not true all of the time.... ive had seeds sit for over 3 days before germinating. i do highly doubt that your seeds will do anything though if theyre pretty white. what i have always done to decide if a seed is good or not is give it a squeeze, if it cracks its no good. if its a good seed it should be pretty damn hard to crack. if they havent germinated in a week theyre not going to...

9. Seeds can take anywhere from 3-14 days in my experience. Late bloomers are usually due to a different ABA or GA concentration in the seed, and/or temperature.

Sometimes you can dilute Gibberellins hormones in a spray bottle and germinate with that instead of water. I usually don't bother, because seeds aren't hard to come by these days.

Gibberellin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit: I currently have two white seeds that sprouted after 4.5 days, so I don't think color is a reliable indicator of the ability to sprout.

10. Yeah I threw em out. It's been around 2 weeks. Oh well, my plant that did sprout is doin pretty good

11. fingers crossed you get a female man. then just clone that lady

12. I'd toss them:wave:

13. ive tried germianting 2 light green white seeds and niether worked.