Am I wasting my time

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JohnJackson235, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Greetings

I am still fairly new to this, second grow. First one went great, this time around I traded seeds with a friend for variety. Told me it's a feminized master kush from a reputable seed bank. Started the grow on April 20th...
    3 months @ 18h/day 250W growing bulb
    Since then @ 12h/day 250W flowering bulb

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

I am now getting slightly paranoid that I am growing a male (no bud sprouting, just more leaves) :eek:
    I am still too inexperienced to tell and don't want to waste more time/money.

Much appreciated
    Jack

2. How long has the plant been on a 12/12 schedule?

3. Since July 20th

4. #4 old shol4evr, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

5. So 12 days. Give it some more time - some strains take longer to show flowers. On the bright side - males usually show first and I don't see any balls on your plant. Good luck. :)

6. Pics of the nodes, close-up please. I think I see a ball in one pic, female pre flower in another, possibly. Not too sure. But, it's tough to zoom in the pic. I lose resolution.

7. @Old shol4ever The fast growth in height on this one surprised me to be honest and I haven't experimented with training methods to be honest, now I just top it to prevent burning from the bulb.

@MickFoster Thanks for the reply. I will give it some more time, just need the consultation :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. When I magnify I see a pistil in the second pic.

9. Best ones I could manage
    4.jpg 5.jpg

10. Girl.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. looks like preflower to me. If there is any light leaking in it could cause her to not flower.

12. Thank you all for the help!
    hmm never thought about light leakage before. There are netted holes for the air intake but they don't get any direct sunlight... maybe I will shade them even more thx

13. good way to find out is sit in your room during lights out and smoke a j. Wait until your eyes adjust and you'll see literally any light leaking. You'll also test your vent fan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. :thumbsup: great idea, will do

15. yep its a female ..my plant as been on 12/12 for two weeks now and is just showing sex ,,,,

16. Congrats. It's a girl.

17. #17 old shol4evr, Aug 1, 2018
    delete

18. #18 old shol4evr, Aug 1, 2018
    delete

• Agree Agree x 1