Am I vaping right???

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Crackhead420, Jul 3, 2013.

1. I recently got a Dragon Lite (please don't say its cause of the brand or anything...). I put a full trench in my vape and I vaped it. However the orange light thing was only on sometimes. I could also only see vapour sometimes, other times it looks like air but I smell something even though theres air. It also takes extremely long to vape. I end up with a high that isn't really noticeable and I can act normal except I make a little mistake with words, it doesn't feel as intense however I get a good feeling throughout my body. Around 2 hours after the high I felt tired but I thought vaping didn't do that. My herb didn't go brown (although I couldn't see it properly in the darkness) and it did crumble easier later and for only a few hits I could actually see vapour, it takes so long to vape, just please read this and explain if Im doing it right or what? I took the ring out.

2. #2 Pkrangerown, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
    Well man, I've never used a dragon lite before but after looking it up it looks extremely similar to the MFLB, and the MFLB isn't a good vaporizer to begin with. You have to barley draw any air, and do this continuously for about 20 seconds, and you will only get a very little noticeable puff of vapor.. (This is the long-slow draw method). Long story short the MFLB (and knock off's probably too) are like comparing a pop can with a hole cut into it to a 300$ bong, they both will do the job, but one is significantly better. I'm sorry that you purchased a crappy vaporizer (I made the same mistake the MFLB was my first), I suggest you save up money for a better vaporizer such as Da Vinci, Arizer Solo, Purple days, Pax, Vapor bros, Vapir one, Vapir No2, or Herbalaire.

After looking up the price of this vaporizer on Ebay (22$) it's easy to see why your having many issues with this vaporizer... Generally any vaporizer that cheap isn't even safe to smoke out of, most contain toxic/cheap materials in an effort to maximize profit, and as you might guess have no warranty because they will break very easily. I would just throw the thing away and take the loss, its not worth your health. Like I wrote above get a well known vaporizer, if price is an issue I would look into the Vapir No2, they're about 80$ on Ebay.

3. Ahh thanks man! It seems like such a shame :L I guess Ill try it a couple more times, worst comes to worst Ill buy arizer solo or something cheap, thanks

4. #4 Pkrangerown, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
    For something cheap I would definatly look into the Vapir No2 (80$), it's "portable" but it's a bit bulky, as for a home unit I would recommend the Vapir One (95$). I personally got a Vapir One, it was my second vaporizer after my dissapointment in the MFLB, and I love it it has a fan with 3 speeds, digital temperature control, it heats up extremely quick for a wall unit (about a minute) and just shoots out vapor, it has option of using a whip or bags. Some people that dont own this vaporizer will say its bad because it leaks vapor, it does "leak" vapor out of where you put the tray with a loaded disk but it is VERY minimal, I would say you lose less then 1% of your vapor from this leak, some people put tape over it, but it is really not necessary

(the disk is metal with 2 screens on both sides,you put the herb in here. The tray is ceramic)

5. Thanks! I don't wanna risk another vape though so Ill see

6. #6 Pkrangerown, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
    Well I wouldn't suggest anything to you I think is low-quality and will break. There's a ton of quality vaporizers out there that aren't to expensive, you just have to do some research and find them. Now it is important you don't be discouraged from vaporizing all-together just because you got a bad vaporizer, vaporizing is one of the healthiest, most conserving, and all around best way to enjoy your herb

7. #7 dirty_stilts, Jul 4, 2013
    I'm not sure what your issue is with the flightbox, i have one and personally love it. I own the no2 as well, but i will say that the box far surpasses the no2 in therms of stealth and conservation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz68fCk97fM&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLz68fCk97fM&has_verified=1
    This is the video i watched that helped me really get my technique down with my MFLB. I've never hit one of those vapir lites but my only concern with it would be, as pkranger suggested, whether or not all the components in that vaporizer are safe to be inhaling... especially if it was made in China.

Do not listen to those that say the MFLB is a bad vape. It is a very nice portable flame-free vape and if the Dragon Lite is like it you can have a great experience if you learn to use it correctly. There is an MFLB appreciation thread on here. Search for it, it has lots of tips from happy owners.

9. #9 Pkrangerown, Jul 4, 2013
    Agreed, just toss the thing out, it's probably not safe to use.

I wouldn't recommend using it, you never know if that thing is made from safe materials. Also the MFLB might not be a bad vaporizer in your opinion, but I know a couple people (including me) who used the MFLB as there first vaporizer and as soon as they tried any other vaporizer they realized the MFLB isn't all its hyped up to be.

I just didn't like the MFLB, there's a lot of hype around it and its easy to understand why, it's made in the USA, has a no bull-shit lifetime warranty, and is probably the smallest electronic vaporizer on the market. With that being said it just doesn't cut it for me (and all my buddy's that used it) in-terms of vapor production, easy of use, and battery life. I personally prefer a vaporizer that has almost no learning curve, can be passed around to friends with them knowing how to use it, without me having to show them a video of some weird looking technique which they'll laugh at and say is gay... There's a lot better vaporizers then the MFLB in almost every aspect except maybe portability .

10. Best thing to do is not think about the smoke I guess, although my Pax gives me plenty of smoke... like allot. 

I usually vape while watching TV anyways, before I know it ive been vaping for 15mins on high setting.
    I usually put in 0.50 in chamber and go at it for a decent amount of time. I would say I get just as high as smoking a spliff if not, even higher. My bud is always pretty burnt out black by the end of it.  

Best Vapes are the non portable ones!   
    - Komatic 

11. #11 Pkrangerown, Jul 4, 2013
    That's a half true statement, generally wall units are superior quality to portable ones but there are great portables such as Da Vinci, Vapir No2, Arizer solo, Pax, etc..

As far as your ABV coming out brown its definitely because you leave it on the high setting, pax high setting it 410 degrees, marijuana starts to combust at 400 degrees..

Low setting - 375
    Medium setting - 390
    High setting - 410

12. #12 Komatic, Jul 4, 2013

Heh... Maybe I should try and use the medium setting for once. Ive actually never vaped on anything but the high setting. Say even if does start to combust, is it really much health risk on that? 

13. #13 lwien, Jul 4, 2013

"The vaporizer produced THC at a temperature of 185 C. (365 F.) while completely eliminating three measured toxins - benzene, a known carcinogen, plus toluene and naphthalene."

"Significant amounts of benzene began to appear at temperatures of 200 C. (392 F), while combustion occurred around 230 (446F) or above."
    ----- http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/Study-Shows-Vaporizers-Reduce-Toxins-in-Marijuana-Smoke

14. I have been using the MFLB for about 6 months everyday and I have no regrets. Yes it does have a learning curve to it, but there are multiple ways to get a big hit off it. I mainly use it on the way to work and on the way back while I'm stuck in traffic and I can tell you that I have vaped next to cops and everything, this thing is super stealthy and portable. Also you only have to wait a few seconds for it to start, compared to home units that take 1-3 minutes to get hot... Matter of fact I stumble upon this thread while researching for a new home vape that gets hot within seconds not minutes.

If your dragon vape is a portable one you might need to do a bit of research to find out how to use it to its full potential.

15. God forbid you wait a couple minutes for a vaporizer to heat up that's gonna produce superior quality vapor compared to the MFLB with no learning curve or need to do research to learn how to use it... As far as vaporizing right next to a cop, your a full grown man vaporizing marijuana on your way back from work right next to a cop... Smart

The flightbox definitely has a learning curve to it, but once you have your technique down it really isn't all that difficult. As far as vapor production, one difference with the MFLB is that you aren't actually supposed to see any vapor on your exhale, unlike maybe the Vapir or the Pax (both of which I own). I will say, in terms of stealth, the flightbox is the best vaporizer you are going to find... period. I have used it in the movie theatre, at the beach, etc. with no issues. However, if stealth isn't a big concern then yeah... maybe the MFLB isn't for you. It is definitely more of a personal vape, i usually only like to use it with 2-3 people max. Lastly, if battey life is an issue... i strongly reccomend buying the powerex 2700 batteries to go along with the MFLB, they last twice as long and are much more powerful (which in turn will lead to better vapor production). However, if stealth is not an issue, and you don't mind a big bulky unit, i would probably recommend the No2 over the MFLB. It really all depends on personal preference and the qualities you need the vaporizer to have. 

17. Haha was my bad, found out the battery cover was just messed up