Am I using my MFLB correctly?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by sallycanwait, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I got my launch box two weeks ago and it's been my primary smoking device since because it's very undetectable and convenient. However, i'm not sure how well i feel about its delivery and i dunno if it's because i'm not using it correctly or if i'm expecting too much. i do get a nice high off it, much different than a blunt/bowl and i'm more clear-headed and lively, but i feel like the high doesn't last even half as long as a few hits from a bong or blunt would.

anyway, so this is what i do: i fill the trench about 3/4, place in the stem and then the battery and immediately look through the stem to see the vapor start to collect, which is usually 3-5 seconds. then i start to inhale slowly and regulate depending on the heat. i draw for as long as i possibly can, until i feel like i'm about to cough, pull out the battery and continue inhaling for a couple seconds. then i hold it in for a couple more seconds and exhale. when i exhale it's a light smoke. flip over the LB and shake it up. and repeat.

i usually get 6-8 draws out of it, until the weed is pretty brown, but still has a nice hint of green and i then save the vaped weed in a container for possible future use.

am i using it correctly? i feel like i need two trenches to feel really good and the process takes like 20 min. the high is nice, but not intense.

2. how brown does it turn, like dark brown, almost black, or a pale brown almost like a light wood color.... if its a really like brown, you need to slow your drag speed down, or take more hits. but other that that, I think that your doing it right. I own a launch box and I LOVEEEEEEEEi it, I use it every night, and I get STONED from it. Though they do have a slightly diff high, more clear is a good way to describe it.

3. i'd say it's more of a lighter brown, with hints of green. when i first started it, i was hitting it till it was a very dark brown. which should it be?

and how much weed do you use? should it be finely ground or just picked apart with your fingers?

4. Sally, as per the manufacturer, make sure you grind your weed to almost a powder. Very fine is the name of the game here.

5. I'd get it as fine as you can, as was said. and I normally hit it till its dark brown, and save the rest. When you vape all the cannabinoids do not vape at the same temp, only some do at lower temps (faster draw speed) and most vape at a higher temp (slower draw). This is very useful for medical patients, because some who dont quite need that dull "stoned" feeling would only take a few pulls of a lower temp vape, that would be good for glacoma, and some others, where as people who have insomnia, or chronic pain; they might be better of at a high temp. Just practice practice practice, there is a small learnign curve on the MFLB but when you figure it out, you'll love it.

sorry for the long post, and if I'm wrong anyone feel free to correct me.

blaze on.

6. #6 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
    Pull at a consistent speed AND pace. Holding vapor in longer will get you higher(unlike smoke), since it takes longer to absorb vapor. Try to hold it in until nothing comes out.

At the end of a trench the weed should be a thorough light-medium brown color.

7. I read your description and it sounded like you were talking about me. What you do sounds JUST as i do, and i get pretty ripped.

8. thanks everyone! i will definitely grind up the weed. i dont have a grinder so i always use my fingers to break the weed.

also, last night i rolled a blunt with the vaped weed i had collected. the verdict: good! however, i had a bad freakout because i thought i had ruined someone's surprise birthday party and was a paranoid mess... but all is well and i didn't ruin anything.... the point is is that vaped weed is still effective if anyone has doubts! doesn't taste great, but be glad you save your leftovers!

9. I went through a half ounce and now im going through it again. Getting pretty high with the 2nd run through the vaped bud. Efficient!