Am i using my EQ right?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by lreyes66, May 9, 2012.

1. Ok well its been a week since ive had the EQ... I had low quality shitty bud when it came in, and somehow, my g/f and i still got destroyed.

Couples of days later, i reloaded with alot better weed which gets me high if i smoke it. But when i use my eq, i feel like im using alot of weed to get me high.

I start low like 180c. I taste it but feel like im getting enough vapor. So i crank it up til i start getting something. After a couple of usage, i see the weed is all brown and dehydrated but im still not as high.

Any suggestion?

I still love the EQ, but now, im finding myself wanting to add the MLFB to my collection alot sooner then i had planned to add it.

2. Are you letting it heat up for around 15 minutes? Also, check the screen cause it may be clogged. You need the temperature to be at least at 410-420F to get smoke-like vapor. I have one and I love it.

3. MFLB is a perfect companion to the Extreme Q imo, MFLB is great for a mild hit with little effort, and ripped with a bit more and I also like the buzz I can get, more like the familiar stoney feeling from smoking but always clearer and cleaner, but the extremeQ with the same gear is on another planet when you know how.

Can I ask are you using the bag or using the whip?

I use the extemeQ with the bag only, as I can set the temp, fill the bag at my desired settings and can actually test apples against apples gram for gram so to speak.

A good warm up is essential, I usually give it at least 10 mins with the glass in place and then another 2 mins once loaded and bag attached and ready to go. Always gives a perfect first rip at 180c with a nice cerebral feeling good type of high, and then when I am ready for seconds (around an hour or 2 later) I warm her up again, but this time at 220c (in reality its actually closer to 210-215c) and run another bag off for a nice euphoric shit eating grin relaxed high :hello:

Still experimenting but this method with between 0.2-0.3 grams will get me where I want to be and I would say by the looks of whats left, a pretty decent extraction of anything really worthy.

High from MFLB is good, very good, but the ExtemeQ is much better and can be controlled with more accuracy. MFLB is my stealth unit and quick hitter and I definately wouldnt want to be without either for too long :D

Also by using the bag you quickly realise that the vapour density within the bag is a good indication of whats to come, if that bag is so dense you cant see through it (longways) your gonna be absolutely ripped, so this helps in determining the overall strength of whatever you are vapoursizing by look alone, I have stopped filling a bag on occasion as it was actually too strong for what I was after at the time, again noted visually.

I have gear that was really good and was a great smoke and vaped well too of course, put a similar amount of this seasons freshly dried harvest in and woah!! Densest bag of vapour I had seen, took me 30 mins to inhale the bag and I was good for almost 6 hours.......yet by the look of the bud, it didnt look or smell like anything special, especially compared to what I had had.

4. I even put everything together with no herb and run the fan to warm it up. Seems faster that way.

5. 10 mins is enough. Are you packing it in the elbow screen or the cyclone bowl?

6. i Use both balllon and whip.

I usually start out with a balloon or 2 then change it to the whip. I feel like ive sucked vapor but i dont get as high as id like.

Sometimes i cant just smoke a little bit and it gets me higher then a ballon or 2 w/ fresh weed

7. sip it slowly...small hits exhale no cloud

8. One elbow pack through whip at 180-200 gets me uncomfortably high and my tolerance is fair.

9. what fan speed?

10. forget the bags fellas get the vaporbong!

heres a video i made for another blade on how to use the EQ. if you dont wanna watch it whatever lol its boring most likely but it explains it. bit long.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmYpPfF375Q]Loading up the EQ what to do. - YouTube[/ame]

and a shorter one that just want to see a vaporbong milk up with the EQ

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZugIhoI__c]EQ vids - YouTube[/ame]

11. i wouldnt use it below 215.

let it heat up for like 10 mins

12. [quote name='"nawky"']i wouldnt use it below 215.

let it heat up for like 10 mins[/quote]

I usually cap mine at 220c. Starting at 175-180 and taking small sips is where it's at.

13. i star usually on 180c whipping but lately with all the vaporbongin i can hold my vapor better so lately i have been starting on 200c and even 210.

14. nice pics jc you did good

15. My favorite way to hit my EQ lately includes the Aqua Vape bubbler attachment. It works well with an elbow pack, but lately I've been loading the cylcone bowl, setting the fan on 2, and sipping slowly thru the bubbler to produce wonderful bong-like vapor clouds. I never had much use for the fan with the whip before, but the extra back pressure from the water changes the equation and works very efficiently. I really like the Aqua Vape just to cool and moisturize the vapor as well. I vape a lot, and the hot, dry vapor can get irritating.

16. i have been vapinbg for around 11 months now everyday and after a time you just get used to the cougthing feel and you dont cough anymore. i dont even need to vaporbong anymore lol my throat does not get iritated at all by the high temps of dry vapor

17. I don't so much have a problem with coughing (I think I know the feeling to which you're referring, though, and yeah, I got used to that) just the excessive drying effect of the vapor and the irritation it causes. I think I've been vaping almost as long as you but it still bothers me, especially after long sessions and especially in my sinuses. The water helps a lot. That's why I got so excited about that Vapor Exhale Cloud (sp?) that we've been anticipating forever, but this is pretty good. Of course, if you already have a nice glass bubbler/bong (I didn't; hence Aqua Vape) you can just get an adapter and use that. Vape on!