Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

AM I The Only Person Who Take Tolerance Breaks?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by poi_boi, Jan 21, 2009.

1. I love the magical herb just as much as I love life. However, lately it seems as if people keep smoking and smoking and smoking!!! I used to smoke every day for 2 years until my tolerance went way through the roof. I had to smoke 4 bowls just to get a little buzz!!!
    So....
    I am currently on a one month tolerance break. That means absolutely no smoking or consumption of marijuana for one month. This has given me time to cut back and relax and see life on the sober side. This will be my 5th one month tolerance break and starting february 1, my tolerance break will be over. In past experiences, I have noticed that after quitting for one month, it brings my tolerance back to day one of smoking. I get soo high after taking a break its ridiculous how high i get of such little bud.

You don't even have to quit for a month. Hell quit for a week! My first tolerance break was only one week, but god damn did i get extremely ripped after. I challenge you to try this. It will make you save money, use less weed and increase your overall appreciation of a god given wonder. Being an avid user of marijuana for 6 years, I highly recommend at least trying it. Even if its for a week. It may be hard but :eek: OMG will it be worth it :)

2. T breaks are great but something i dont do too often. I usually take my breaks when i have no choice to and see it as a benefit. Like for a week or two ill be tight for cash, so ill just pass on smoking, and when i got the finances back ill go right back into it, benefiting from the T break. Ive only taken real T breaks when my tolerance is far too high. Like you said at times i was smoking a gram to my face to get high, and that was getting rediculious. Right now its taking me about 2 maybe 3 bowls to get as high as i like and im ok with that. Anymore though and then id start thinking about taking another break.

3. True, but whats worth it to you might not be worth it to others. I would rather smoke that entire week, and not get as high, but cure boredom...than be bored a week, itching to smoke, just to get higher once or twice before tolerance is right back.

The trick is really smoking one or two small bowls daily, and no more. but thats hard.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've been smoking for 30 years and I've never taken a t break. Sometimes my consumption goes way down, sometimes it goes way up. Sometimes, like if I'm sick, I may not even smoke for a few days. I've never really found the need for a t break though.

5. I dare you to quit for a week. It will be making you question if weed can ever get more potent. Its truly remarkable

6. I've 'quit' for several days to a week for other reasons before, in fact a month one time when I had to take a drug test a few years ago. Sure, the first time I smoked after that I got extra buzzed, but the difference is minor. Besides, I have more on hand at any given time than I could possibly eat/smoke/vaporize, so it doesn't really matter.

I've found that if I'm feeling a bit 'burnt' that simply cutting back some works wonders, especially cutting out any wake and bakes. That is only a problem if my osteoarthritis (shattered my ankle 20 years ago) acts up because then I need it as medicine and not just for fun.

7. i take weekly t breaks sometimes two weeks
    its funny how like just a bud can get me high and 3 grams gets me faded

8. I wish I had enough on me to not have to worry about taking tolerance breaks. Im in a bit of a financial crisis due to the economy. Best of luck to you man injuries are not fun. But Mary Jane helps immensely if you use it as a medicine. :D

9. I don't. I havent smoked since yesterday and I barely got high. Im itching to smoke right now. I definitely can't go a week.

10. On my 2nd week.. Getting some next week (hopefully, dry dealer) and I can already tell it'll be good, considering I always rip the bong. =)

11. #11 mr.tokes, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
    i take t breaks weather i want to or not

12. i took a one day tolerance break yesterday...

... but i actually felt the difference today. slight, but definitely there.

13. I took a tolerance break in December for two weeks and by the end of it I could totally caned off of just one little nug. But that only lasted like two days and then my tolerances went back up to the point where I was smoking numerous bowls a day just for an effect.

I usually take t breaks because of finances (or lack there of) other than that I smoke like two bowls a day. I have smoked that for about ten years now. In my school days I got to the point where I would smoke an O in like a week and a half.

thank god I haven't been fiending it at least:smoke:

14. Growing is cheap with the right system and some practice ;)