Am I the only person here who's pro-life?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Sproggs, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. I guess....you want to leave out the personal attacks as you you say, fine. All I said was that I believe your point of view with locking up these women was irrational.

There is a clear and distinct difference between fetus, and baby.

The question herein lies, is "terminating" the the growth of a fetus "murder".

What are the qualifications for a human murder, and does a fetus fit those qualifications?

2. The 'morality' police in this thread by their own happenstance cannot smoke herb anymore, because it hurts someone.

The fact is I'd be willing to bet the majority of pro lifers have not experienced a rich and diverse sex life and I can only imagine the reason for their obvious hate of anyone with a sexual history is based off of this inherit jealousy.

:wave:

:D

:smoke:

3. #63 Ganja Art, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011

Ok, fuck it, im bored and up fresh for a discussion.

If I may ask, what exactly are you standing up to? Peoples lifes? Does that give you a sense of power, like you actually accomplished something? Im just guessing since you put abortion in the same box as slavery.

Do i need to remind you off the millions of ignorant assholes on this planet? The words 'overpopulation' and 'resources'? What about suicides and the people whom suffer from it afterwards? What about all the abandoned orphans? The junkies? Murders? Rapists? The wars, the death and destruction? Off topic, i think that getting a child is some of the most selfish you can do.

Now, making abortion illegal wont help much. Girls being raped is a huge problem and most pro-lifers just say: "Well, then they can get one". Not only is that selective favorism, but everybody could just say they got raped. Easy as that... And if not, well, then kill it yourself. Its not like people notice it in the first couple of months anyways...

And who is that idiot that said murder was wrong? Its not wrong, nothing is wrong, we just percieve it that way. People have this imagination of that every child aborted could have cured cancer or did something big for this world. The truth is, it probably would have ended like everybody else: A capitalistic ignorant asshole. I dont really think the baby gives a fuck anyways. It haven't eveloped emotions yet, it cant think, its just an empty holster.

Who are pro-lifers to tell other people what to do? Do they know any better? They are simply expressing a subjective collective belief and meanwhile rob people of their freedom. Its not much different from Hitler or Stalin, same shit just a different smell...

Taking a life from a human being is defently not accepted. But think again, what are you killing? An empty hoalster. Its like shredding an empty piece of paper, not some important document

4. :wave:

5. Smoking weed doesn't hurt anyone except potentially the user. That's a victimless crime. And there's no need for talk about your sex life and whatever conspiracy theories are dancing around that head of yours.

6. No? :p

None of the people in this thread are experts on the subject of abortion, it's just my opinion that murder and abortion can't be compared.

This is a matter of opinion, but I think there's definitely a moral difference in killing an unborn fetus and killing a grown man. Do you remember being in the womb? Abortion is terminating the life of a fetus that has to be cared for (once it's born) by the people who decide to end it's life.

Murder is killing someone who has already been born and has affected the lives of many people. You're killing someone with an ego, emotions, thoughts, connections to places and people. An unborn fetus has none of that, it doesn't even have an emotional connection to the mother. The mother and father are the only one who have a connection to the fetus, not vice-versa.

That's why the parents, or the mother, need to decide how having an abortion weighs on their conscience.

I don't think having an abortion is just fine, I'd much rather want the baby to be born. But you have to accept the fact that sometimes the situations people are in can hinder the baby from living a healthy life.

If all of the pro-life people volunteered to take care of the kids after they're born, to stop people from getting an abortion, maybe they'd have some credibility. But I think it's a little too easy to judge people for deciding to end the life of their own flesh & blood (which is often a hard enough decision in itself), and then not giving a shit about the situation the baby's in after it's born.

They're pro-life until the baby's born, after that they want nothing to do with the kid. Armchair moralists.

7. #67 GreyMatterTripp, May 4, 2011
    UGHHHH. Nah nah nah nahhhhhh! :wave:

I think I broke my rep button?

8. #68 StayHighAllDay, May 4, 2011
    For the tl;dr people: He's basically saying that if you can make a prediction of the baby based on the socioeconomic status of the parents, and say "well they'll probably become a bad apple anyways" then we can make the justification that it's okay to kill him/her. And he went on to talk about overpopulation but it was proven that that's not actually a threat to the world (or at least not to the degree it's been portrayed as) so you can disregard that.

Oh he also said that there's mean people in this world. I don't know what that has to do with anything..I guess he's trying to say since assholes exist, babies should be legally permitted to get killed....to I guess prevent more assholes from roaming this earth..??

9. attempting to paraphrase a post is different than
    responding to it.

10. I don't think it understands words.

11. Hey blades.. I would highly recommend you all to take a few rips and watch this video. This shit is surreal. It's a trip. :smoke:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2l1-kvKomg]YouTube - Pro-life Anti-Abortion Video: Development of the Unborn Baby[/ame]

12. That video completely changed my view on everything I've said in this thread.

13. ^^^I was just about to say that.

NEW VIEW ON ABORTION...............If it looks like an alien....it is not a person to me......or if it isn't in my phone book....whatever comes first.

but seriously, I thought you would show something scientific....anything with some sort of an expert giving their opinion, but what I got was a video with a bunch of alien looking creatures with sad piano music....Just like those damned SPCA videos....but I digress.

14. Science cannot (and does not) discuss moral matters. When morality becomes the topics, scientists typically step aside. I mean think about it you don't take a lot of math and science courses to then become a scientist, go on youtube and discuss morality. :D

15. ? Science and morality are very much related IMO

16. Perchance do you know the weeks old that these pictures of babies/fetuses are because I do agree up to a certain point they should not be allowed

17. obviously dead babies look scary... That's not really debated. The fact is; whether abortion is legal or illegal it will still happen.

18. one was 8 weeks another 10 weeks. Not sure on the others.

19. :laughing:

The only thing funnier than a compulsive liar is Will Ferrell. You need to chill out man, here, visit this site and have a laugh: Dead Baby Joke Warning Page

20. Whether they will or will not happen isn't being debated. We're debating legality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.