Am I the only person here who's pro-life?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Sproggs, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You are bad at this. :eek:

:smoke:

2. To be honest I don't even know what you two are arguing about.

Anymore thoughts on abortion? Pros and cons? Other countries abortion laws? Anything?

3. I'm pro-choice for the same reason I'm pro-marijuana freedoms. If it isn't hurting a human being who is aware of the disadvantage/consequential action of the person who committed the act, what difference does it make?

If you're pro-life great, don't force your views on other people. YOU don't have to get an abortion just because you have the choice.

4. WARNING:This reply may be controversial to some, and may contain a bit of aggression, viewer discretion is advised.

Alright, an abortion thread.....that's my kinda thread.

my view on the matter is quite simple, and quite cynical...so be it

I know a lot of pro lifers (not that its a bad choice) use the rhetoric that life begins at the moment of conception...saying that life begins at conception is like saying the moment you put cookie dough in an oven, it becomes a cookie.......

And I will be the first to say it...There's to many people on this damned planet as it is.

Everyone talks about how their are other choices besides abortion....why don't you go out in the world and adopt a kid then.

Nothing is more irritating than when you see people protesting abortion....why dont you actually do some good and instead of trying to save a conglomerate of cells, go and save a kid that already is suffering

with that being said...I leave you with Bill Hicks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJcebIEOkhY]YouTube - Bill Hicks on Abortion[/ame]

5. I had a girlfriend in highschool who thought it would be ok to get an abortion without my knowledge. Sure it was HER choice, but it affected me. A lot. I really want babies, and even if highschool wasn't the right time for me to do so...I would have lovingly accepted that child into my life as priority #1. My baby didn't have the choice to live, and to this day it bothers me.

Bill Hicks is fucking amazing. Cynical is my kinda thing :cool:

The planetary overpopulation is the only point that I can think of that I would use to support abortion. Yeah, there's way too fucking many of us, but I think we should try to find another way of controlling the population rather than killing babies. Maybe you don't view those cells as a baby, but I do.

6. #26 StayHighAllDay, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
    I don't either. Something about him being pro-choice and the laws back his position so he doesn't need to explain why.

7. How many kids do you have?

8. Pay attention. He doesn't have any kids. He had an unborn child in high school until his girlfriend got it killed.

9. #29 GreyMatterTripp, May 4, 2011
    FYI You don't dictate what I pay attention to and what I do not.

And because your apparently not observant enough to catch on I wasn't addressing you at all.

In fact. You are now ignored. :yay:

10. Quick question to any one who is pro choice. From a medical or scientific standpoint, when do you view the fertilized egg as a baby, or do you believe that a baby is a baby right when fertilization begins....sorry for crappy sentence...

11. I believe it is semantics.

Life is life.

A baby doesn't exist until it's born, until then it is a fetus.

That doesn't mean it doesn't have a soul or feel, etc.

This is a tough subject, no doubt, the final decision rests with the woman.

Anyone who tries to force some shit down a females throat around me will get something shoved down their throat.

:eek:

12. #32 StayHighAllDay, May 4, 2011
    You're a very irrational, emotionally driven individual aren't you? :laughing:

13. I think the labels pro-life and pro-choice are fucked up. The opposite of pro-life is pro-death. It should be called pro-choice and pro-force. Pro-life denotes some morally superior position. Everybody's pro-life. I'm pro-choice but I would rather see a baby being born than it getting aborted.

I think the whole "killing babies" argument is silly. Doesn't matter if it's technically a baby or not, you're still killing something that will eventually become a baby, become a person.

I'm pro-choice, but I think saying that it's not a baby is just a way for people to feel less guilty about getting an abortion.

I dislike killing/ending life in every form, but I feel like a hypocrite to dictate what a woman can or can't do with what's growing inside her. If abortion is prohibited, the ones who don't want a baby will just use backwoods methods of abortion.

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't believe abortion is ever a lighthearted choice. Maybe in the case of a few wackjobs, but like I said, if modern methods of abortion weren't available they'd just figure out another way.

The people who want an abortion will get an abortion, legal or not. If you're pro-life I think it's hypocritical to ban abortion and encourage other, more dangerous methods of abortion that will endanger the mother's life.

14. Church.

15. Dont like abortionts? Then dont get one...

IMO i think you should stop telling other people what to do. The way i see it, pro-life is just another bullshit way for people to satisfy their need for control

16. jesus freaks are the reason people are so against abortions these days. If a woman wants to get one, that's her business. I just don't like women who get one every other month like it's a form of birth control. Shit happens, it's life. Everyone makes mistakes. You're gonna tell me you never had a pregnancy scare where your choice of birth control almost failed you, or actually did fail you. I'm sorry but if i'm being responsible and the girl is being responsible, and she stilll gets pregnant then what? Abortion. Adoption you say? Nah, i'm good. Yea let the woman carry that child for 9 months and then just hand it over. Yeah, ok....

17. pro choice

common now

18. There really is no hope for humanity. Our selfish desires will be the end of us.

19. Ohhh the hypocrisy of puritans.

[​IMG]

So blissfully ignorant.

20. This coming from someone who doesn't even think long enough to type out their beliefs and just relies on the government and her laws to replace critical thought. :laughing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.