Am I the only one who thinks this?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jordan21, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Skip to the end to miss out on a rant.

Back during highschool I didn't try to hard, just enough to pass. I have a couple reasons why but that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about me wondering if I am the only one who really hated when people judged me over my grades and cared so much about doing good on tests and always handing in homework on time. Am I the only one who knows grades prove nothing of intelligence. People would ask what my grade was in a certain class and whether or not I was in an honors classes and it pissed me the fuck off that some people could be so ignorant as to think that what I get on a test and whether I did my homework is an accurate depiction of how smart I am. I hate the people who try there hardest in school to get a star that says there smarter than everyone else, and pride them selves on what the get in school and think there better than every one else, I don't hate the naturally smart or dumb people, if your smart good for you but don't think that a test that says your smart makes you smart. Those ignorant fucks.

I mean I can go through school and get a diploma that says im this smart when I could have barley passed and a kid who has 100's in every class but according to the diploma I'm just as smart as him.

But don't get me wrong some people are naturally smart and some are dumb, you don't need a star to tell you that.

That rant probably seems confusing because I suck at putting my thoughts into a sentence but if you get my point than please try to explain to others what I'm saying haha.

So if you didn't read the rant then in summary: what do you think of the people that pride themselves on there grades back in highschool, not the naturally smart ones, but the ones who are average and study there ass off to get a 100 and then act better than everyone else because of what a test says?

2. If they did better on the test than you, then techinically they are better then you.

/fail.

3. Obviously this thread isn't for you.

4. For some reason I read your original post in Lil B's voice hahaha, it fit pretty well.

Grades don't necessarily determine intelligence, but they sure damn well determine your work ethic and how much you care, which can determine intelligence.

5. I agree with you that it determines work ethic but not that, that determines intelligence, and only in certain situations.
    Like if Stephen hawking or Albert Einstein took a 4 grade test failed are the dumber than a 4 grader? According to the test yes, but in my mind and what most people would say is no they are smart than a 4 grader, but the people who say he is smarter than a 4 grader even though they failed AND think test measures intelligence are hypocrites.