Am I the only one who thinks MFLB is overrated?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by OriginUnknown, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Sounds like a plan; I don't think you will be disappointed. Being in nature is my favorite thing to do while high. :)

2. I go to the mountains all the time, I think any portable vape would do the trick for that, not just the MFLB.

3. Save it. He can't see the forrest for the trees and the whole point is totally lost.

4. I agree, I used it for maybe a month then moved on. It took a lot for me to feel anything even with fire. I can see it being perfect for someone on the go like a college student.

5. Why pay $100 for the MFLB when you can make your own for $5 or so.

6. I think it's overrated. I hear a lot of people saying it does a lot more than it actually does.. I guess because they own one and people like to say good shit about stuff they own? I dunno..

It works decently and all but it doesn't compare to the better vapes. Even a desktop vape in the same pricerange is likely to perform better in pretty much every way I can think of.

7. I love my mflb and it gets me incredibly high, but I'd prefer my friends vapor brothers if stealth and portability wasn't much of a concern. It does take longer to get high, but vaporizing is more of a mental high anyway, until you get into the higher levels of 'not even able to function' levels of high.. vaping is a large spectrum :devious::smoke:

I almost enjoy the chillsesh i get from the mflb as opposed to the vapor brothers and what not. Mlfb is way more mellowing for me because you take your time and it feels more thoughtful.

might just be me though :p

8. That pretty much sums it up. Owners give it way more props than it deserves. I think probably they have never used anything else so they think it's great.

9. i give it props and have used several other units... problem :cool:

10. [quote name='"Soccerguy420"']

i give it props and have used several other units... problem :cool:[/quote]

I give it props too, but the people who have I think its the best portable vape, when it isn't. Its a great functioning vape for its size and price, but other portable vapes can be better. Many of the people who own it give it a bit more credit than it deserves. That's not to say it doesn't deserve a good deal of credit.

11. the fact that i'm a pizza delivery driver and not having a desktop vape is pretty damn convenient. you can get a wall adapter for it, so batteries are irrelevant in a situation where a desktop vape would be usable. there's the whole lifetime warrenty thing. congratulations on knowing the temp you vape at, if i wanted to know i'd buy a thermometer and stick it in it, me not knowing the temp does not make my weed any less potent, it still gets the job done. don't want to combust weed in your mflb? learn to use it better, as i said.
    point being if you want a do everything vape that you can take anywhere and is full metal retard proof with it's lifetime warranty (it even says they will honor warranties in situations where you broke it through your own stupidity).
    i like to enjoy my vape in situations other than sitting on the couch with my thumb up my butt, so a desktop vape is pretty damn inconvenient for those situations.

12. [quote name='"dingo333"']

the fact that i'm a pizza delivery driver and not having a desktop vape is pretty damn convenient. you can get a wall adapter for it, so batteries are irrelevant in a situation where a desktop vape would be usable. there's the whole lifetime warrenty thing. congratulations on knowing the temp you vape at, if i wanted to know i'd buy a thermometer and stick it in it, me not knowing the temp does not make my weed any less potent, it still gets the job done. don't want to combust weed in your mflb? learn to use it better, as i said.
    point being if you want a do everything vape that you can take anywhere and is full metal retard proof with it's lifetime warranty (it even says they will honor warranties in situations where you broke it through your own stupidity).
    i like to enjoy my vape in situations other than sitting on the couch with my thumb up my butt, so a desktop vape is pretty damn inconvenient for those situations.[/quote]

Adjustable temperature does far more than just not combust. It's not the fact that you know the temperature you're vaping at, it's more than you can adjust it for different levels of extraction. It's fine if that's not something that interests you, but it shouldn't mystify you why it's considered a plus.

And the MFLB, even when used correctly, does not hit nearly as hard, or taste nearly as good as a desktop does. The same amount of weed in my Silver Surfer gets me far higher. But it does have it's uses in portability and stealth.

Also, I operate my Silver Surfer very easily one handed. My thumb usually isn't up my butt, but to each their own.

13. You forgot to mention that it is not the one and only portable and it is far from the best. If you want to pretend like temp has little importance, go ahead, but those of us that know a little about vaporizing think it's pretty important. Ignorance is bliss I guess. Either that or else you believe that if the mflb can't do it, it isn't worth doing. Either way, it's your loss. Rather than calling it a do everything vape you should call it a do everything half assed and nothing really well vape.

14. Why is there hate on the MFLB?

Does it get you high? Yes.

Is it portable? Yes.

Is it small? Yes.

Is it ninja like? Yes.

Is there almost no odor? Yes.

Does it get the job done? Yes.

So... what am I missing here? Other than people who want to go against the grain and hate on what is 'popular', mentioning all of these other vapes without actually mentioning them.

I threw out my pipe after buying the MFLB. It gets the job done and that is all I care about. So easy to take places, into concerts, beaches, parks etc.

This thread reminds me of people who hate on mainstream artists/bands or artists/bands that end up mainstream.

15. #75 CentiZen, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
    [quote name='"Thunder Struck"']Why is there hate on the MFLB?

Is it portable? Yes.

Is it small? Yes.

Is it ninja like? Yes.

So... what am I missing here? Other than people who want to go against the grain and hate on what is 'popular', mentioning all of these other vapes without actually mentioning them.

I threw out my pipe after buying the MFLB. It gets the job done and that is all I care about. So easy to take places, into concerts, beaches, parks etc.

This thread reminds me of people who hate on mainstream artists/bands or artists/bands that end up mainstream.[/quote]

Thing is though, most of the hate isn't directed at the mflb itself, rather the overzealous users who go around making enormous claims about the functionality and performance. I guess you must not have noticed but on pretty much every thread where people are asking what the best portable vaporizer (or vaporizer in general) is there are usually at least 3 or 4 posts made where owners claim that it is so amazing and the best vaporizer on the market. In reality though, it isn't. its a vapor sipper, a block of wood and 2 dollars of electronics sold for 100 dollars. It does the job, and for its size does it well but people are just going around way to much to sing its praises and reaffirm their misconception that they own the "best" vape on the market. I know I suffered from the same feelings when the MFLB was my only vape.

Also off to the side;the reason people tend to hate on mainstream music is that moat of the mainstream music today is manufactured, monetized, crap, the musical equivilent of watered down kool aid, shoved down the collective publics throat for mass profit.

I have to say, your post reminds me of myself when I was younger and thought everything was so cut and dry. Were not hating on the mflb because we want to be oh so cool and hip and be black sheep or whatever, were trying to clear up the rampant misconceptions being paraded around the site as if they were facts. Sorry if we stepped on your ego by not pretending your vaporizer is the greatest thing in the world.

16. Name a portable vape that does a better job than the MFLB.

Small
    Portable
    Undetectable/Ninja
    Odorless
    Efficient

Would I love to be able to take a desktop vape and make it 2 inches in size and take it with me everywhere? Hell yeah.

Can I? no. :(

MFLB is the best thing for the job it was created to do. Be sneaky, odorless, portable and still get you high for a rather cheap price of $130.

And I am 23.

and lastly, you do realize a conception is an ideal or belief, correct? Which is different for everyone.

Thousands of people love their MFLB

100 people cry out the hate for it and try to say the thousands of people are wrong and that they are delusional about their product.

Oh well, I am out of this dumb thread. :bolt:

17. [quote name='"Thunder Struck"']Why is there hate on the MFLB?

Is it portable? Yes.

Is it small? Yes.

Is it ninja like? Yes.

This thread reminds me of people who hate on mainstream artists/bands or artists/bands that end up mainstream.[/quote]

I'm not sure what you read that was anything to that effect. It kind of sounds like you didn't read very carefully.

There really isn't a single post here which disagrees with what you said. Yet you quote nothing, acting like you're addressing the thread at large.

The MFLB is a functioning vape, and I recommend it to anyone who is in need of it's extreme portability and stealth, as well as the cost. It does those things very well, and for that it fits many people's arsenal of vapes.

I will not recommend it to someone who lives on their own, or can use cannabis legally. For them a desktop vaporizer is going to be better. This isn't "going against the mainstream" it's just awknowledging that the MFLB, while very functional, is a very rudimentary heating function, and will NOT produce better vapor than a desktop, or a hot-air style portable. I've used the MFLB, I love the MFLB, but it will never compare to my desktop vaporizer. It wont compare to nice portables like the Arizer Solo. It's a fine vape for those who need it's stealth, but beyond that it's not the best choice.

18. #78 CentiZen, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    Wow, that was fast. If you don't mind I'm just going to break this up into small chunks so I can better deal with the :mad:

Arizer Solo, Wispr, Flashevap, gn0me, DaVinci, Omicron, Persei, N02, Vapor Blunt, and that is just scratching the suface.
    Way to totally misinterpret what we are saying. We don't want to shrink desktop vapes, we want people to know about their other options and know that the MFLB is not high up on that list of options. The way you speak it's like you don't even know you can get other portable vaporizers that are just as small and portable. I take my arizer solo with my everywhere, and it gives off vapor like a desktop unit would, with thick plumy clouds erupting from my lips on every breath. It's 4 inches in size, I don't have to screw around with unprotected batteries and shaking and combusting like I did with my MFLB.

You see, it's this exact sort of vehement pushing of opinions presented as fact that we are trying to stop here. RATHER CHEAP PRICE? It's a block of wood with TWO DOLLARS of electronics inside of it. It is NOT odorless, nothing applying heat to cannabis could. And getting high, being sneaky and being portable are the three constraints we have here, I will point you in the direction of FC Vaporizer Review Forum where you can go and read and see all of the other vapes that far outperform the MFLB in those categories. It is not the best thing, it is a good thing, and people like you vehemently arguing otherwise for no other reason than it being a direct extension of your own ego are the exact reason why this thread it in existence.
    My god you are one immature 23 year old. I still don't change what I said though. Even reading your post here I am just constantly reminded of a 16 year old me arguing about something I've no clue about. And I'm 20. If age was a correct metric of maturity then we would be still be running our government as an oligarchy.

Untill it is presented as fact, at which point it becomes a MIS-conception, not only that, but a MISCONCEPTION that has now been forced upon another person, who will treat that misconception as fact and think you knew what you were talking about. Were kind of getting into the freedom of speech debate here in that argument, and your right, you have the right to think and speak your opinion on the MFLB, and even to present it as fact. But I also have the right to interject and exercise my own right to prove why you are talking out of your ass
    You know what, I'm not even gonna both with this one. I just can't help but laugh. I'm sure you did a head count and everything right?
    Goodbye, another MFLB evangelist down, more to go...

19. I think this is pretty much bang on, there are bigger and better vapes out there for sure. But I also think they benefit the recreational users more. From my point of view, as a medical patient with an active one the go type lifestyle, this box is perfect for me. I don't need to get full on blasted or whatever,
    not that there is anything wrong with that(to an extent), so the effect I get from my box is exactly what I need. I am a pretty huge mflb enthusiast, but I do agree that it may not be perfect for everyone.

20. Dude you care way too much. Whatever vape you chose doesn't seem to make you very chill. I have a dbv and mflb and I think they are both great and can get great highs from both. :smoke: