Am I the only one who spends so much time deciding if I should toke up?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Pot Toker, Jan 16, 2011.

1. I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat as me on this one. As an unemployed student, money is obviously tight. Although I do find myself with a few extra bucks from time to time, I think I spend way too much time thinking about what I should spend it on, and by that I mean deciding if I should buy buds or save my money. I always feel like I'll go out and get a sack, and not have money for whatever comes up after that. Does anyone else feel the same way I do, and am I placing way too much importance on trivial decisions?

2. it's not about money for me... I don't buy my weed...

but yeah, it's difficult. I try thinking about it as along as I can in hopes that something else will distract me and I'll forget about it, but lately... cigarettes are like, 'yo, i'm here...'

3. Do you notice that you want to spend your money on other stuff after you've bought weed, or is that just thinking of the future?

4. I guess I worry more about what i MIGHT want to spend money on if I spend it all, but I do run into the problem of wanting things after I've blown all my money. It's not like I can't pay for important shit like bills or food, it's more of a problem of spending my money and then seeing something nice that I want, but can't have now. I don't mean to sound like I don't enjoy having bud, but I feel like I'm spending a lot of money lately and I have nothing to show for it except getting through another week a little easier.

5. I guess you need to ask yourself what you care about more, what gives you more happiness. Weed or money in the bank

6. I have plenty of herb right now..more than I could smoke in a month or two..but I still sit around wondering if I should smoke any of it.... I ALWAYS feel better when I do, but for some reason I deny myself the herb... Can't figure it out.

7. No usually when I smoke it's at night when i'm trying to ease my anxiety, settle my mind and wind down so I can get to sleep. Strictly medicinal for me so I really have no regrets. Fortunately money is usually not a huge issue for me so I'm usually able to afford to smoke 2 or 3 bowls a night. So yea it's pretty much set in my mind that I'm gonna do that each night and I don't think twice about it.

8. I am in the same exact situation as you. I only work one day a week but I am in school full time. My parents pay for pretty much everything, but I have NO spending money. I make about 45 dollars a week, and I usually buy an eighth, but I often run out of gas, have no food, run out of makeup/bathroom shit/whatever and cant buy it because I spent my whole paycheck on weed. I hate buying dubs because I go through it so fast and it feels stupid to buy that small... and I would rather have weed than lunch. Truth.

9. Prioritizing my weed use

I am going to be smoking weed again, when I haven't in a long time. I've mostly been poor all my life, so I haven't smoked that much. No money for weed and my situation wasn't conducive to smoking, so I didn't smoke. Sometimes you just need to say no to yourself. I think you need to determine your priorities, including what you need and what you want and what makes you happy. I am going to smoke again soon because I need it for my medical situation, but I still can't afford it. I have all that I need now, sure, but what about all those things I do without. I have prioritized weed over those other wants. simple.

10. i'm pretty bad for doin this as well, really you just gotta up your willpower and don't kid yourself, if your gonna need to pay a bill next week just make sure you can, or else you could end up in serious debt/homeless before you know whats goin on.