Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I the only one who doesn't enjoy the term 'high'?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by zenexo, Mar 13, 2013.

1. #1 zenexo, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
    I feel like there are so many negative connotations to the word 'high.' I also hate being asked 'are you high?' like it's a bad thing. When I think of the word 'high' I can't help but think cocaine or heroin or some other hard drug. Cause when I'm smoking weed I'm more chilled than high. I enjoy the terms zooted, blazed, gone, blitted and my favorite, stoned. I enjoy some others but something about the term 'high' irks me. Anyone else feel the same way?

2. thats why some people use the term 'medicated'.

3. I don't like it

4. I used to use the word high to describe my state of mind more, but really I just use baked or stoned.

5. I use "Medicated". When my friends and I want to go smoke one of us will say something like "Your eyes are red, did you take your medicine" and the other person will be like "yes" or "no"

At home I just say wanna blaze

Back on topic thou, I agree with op

6. We like gone and stoned here

7. yeah, i feel the same way, when i say man, i feel like getting high it makes me think of a druggy taking heroin via injection and all that. the word "high" to most people have a bad notion, i usually say i want to get stoned, medicated, blazed and stuff along those lines.

8. I only say high when my brain is elevating in my mind. Usually it's just stoned or coastin.

9. Stoned is worse than high as a derogatory term. It's been used to describe the absent minded demeanour of hard drug users. I like baked, but smoked is a good one too.

10. I was expecting people to think I'm nuts. I do use the word high but rarely.

11. personally dont care one way or the other let em use what ever word they want im glabberpacked

12. I prefer baked or lifted.

The term "high" has a negative connotation because it's used for hard drugs too.

13. When I was younger we would say booted instead of high now I just prefer to say baked.

14. I don't mind the term high cause it relates to an elevated conscious (if we allow it)

But I hate the term weed. Seems so disrespectful to one of the, if not, greatest plants on this planet.

15. I don't mind saying high. Sometimes ill say I'm gonna go enlighten myself, expand my mind or some shit.

16. #16 OneLoveMaryJane, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
    Don't really care, high can be associated with a runner's high, a meditation high, a herbal supplement high, or even the high you achieve through living the healthiest life possible. Although I agree most people limit it to drug use. I like the term baked most. :smoke:

17. I hate when people are like,are you high?And give you that shitty look like its a bad thing.

18. I see no problem with it. There are many other terms that I would consider to be more negative than the word "high".

19. I liked blazed, I hate stoned

20. I barely use high. I usually use ripped or trashed. Maybe even the occasional thrashed.