Am i the only one that realizes...

Discussion in 'General' started by iriefirie, Jun 27, 2011.

1. That people think wiki is a bad source because they were told that by teachers? Its kinda obviois that they only say that because they dont kids to be able to just get all the answers from one source and want the kids to learn to research and not take the easy way out.

2. wiki is a great source for actual sources

3. no, its because anyone can change shit on there. wiki is, however, good for getting sources. scroll to the bottom and BAM. take your pick.

4. When I was in highschool our teacher gave us a topic and I change all the info in Wikipedia. Then the next day all the kids had the wrong answers

5. I read wikipedia for a starting point then I check out the sources.

6. This. Wikipedia is a good site for sources, as long as you actually check the sources. Or else you have assholes like alrex messin' you up :devious:

7. It's not good enough to be used as an academic source but it has good info

8. The fact that people can change the information makes wikipedia more credible imho. I can either trust one dumbass who happens to know how to make a website or I can trust one dumbass on wikipedia who's contribution is going to get continually improved and corrected until it reaches factual perfection.

9. Just get the information from wikipedia, and just write the sources that wikipedia cites at the bottom of each wiki page. The teachers wont suspect anything.

I never tried this out in high school because wikipedia was not like how it is today

10. Idk what u guys are talking about i try to change something and it always gets switched back right away

11. i disagree.

teachers say wiki is a bad source because their training is based on tenured institutions that have EVERYTHING to lose by technology and the changing face of technology.

12. i got stoned basically every day in highschool, of course i used wiki!

i was extremely lazy during school, i definately regret it now

13. bullshit, sorry bro.

14. Wiki is a good site for gaining knowledge....

15. #15 Alrex, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Sorry, true story bro

16. Teachers are dumb, they think it takes so much more effort and knowledge to use something other than wikipedia...

Using Google is basically the same thing...