Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

am I sick? or do I need to cut back

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by steve5006, May 30, 2009.

1. Ok, so for the last 2 months or so I've switched from just toking on the weekend to smoking pretty much everyday.

Over the last few days I've developed a serious productive cough and my nose is often a bit stuffed up. So I'm wondering what you blades think. Are my symptoms a result of the smoking and I need to take a break for a while or did I just get a cold?

2. Sounds like your sick. Periods that I've smoked daily never irritated my throat/lungs. Big hits off of a blunt/joint/bowl can sometimes irritate you a little bit, but that is almost always temporary. However, if you are sick, smoking can further irritate any inflamation you've got in your throat/etc. Try smoking from a bong.

3. I nearly always smoke bong already so I guess that's one step. I might consider switching to purely using my vaporizer but then I can't really toke with my friends since the vape is not portable

4. Sounds like a respiratory infection. Have you been smoking blunts though? The cheap tobacco used in the wraps is really, really bad for your lungs.

5. if theres anything ive learnt its that smoke more weed when somethings wrong..

6. I will admit that it does remind me of the time I got a chest infection. Frankly I'd rather it be something I can cure by switching to the vape. I don't really want to have to go down to the doctor and get drugs :(

no blunts for me tho just bong, vape, and the occasional joint when I want to have an extended smoking session. I have no love for tobacco.

7. That sounds like a good plan at least for a few days, use just the vape and also, drink a lot of OJ and get some B vitamins I think, thats what helps me get over a cold/cough... Emergen-C is good too. After 5 days or a week u should be feeling better, and can probly go back to ur usual methods of smoking =]

8. Haha yea... thats what I tend to do, doesnt always maek the actual problem better, but puts u in a better frame of mind to deal w/ it. And actually, its been proven that a healthy state of mind can boost ur immune system, thus getting over a cough/cold faster :D

9. #9 steve5006, May 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2009
    Alright sounds like some good ideas. Thanks everyone. I might make some firecrackers for when I want to chill with friends and other than that vape. I'll have to pick up some OJ when I'm at work tonight...I think I'm all out.

10. Could be allergies being the spring and all. I'm not usually bothered by allergies, but every blue moon they strike, especially in spring and fall.

11. I've got the same thing, it's pretty shitty. I think i'm sick because there was one day where I had a fever.

12. could be allergies

13. you either sick or its allergies, you should probably stop smoking until you get better. or if your like me just smoke a blunt and see if that works.

14. Smoking while sick can be both good and bad. If it's a respiratory infection, then you'll probably be hacking up a lung after each hit. However, being high takes the shittyness out of being sick.

15. I doubt the allergy theory since normally my allergies just manifest themselves as itchy eyes and sneezing but since it won't hurt I'll give reactine a try tomorrow when I get up and see if that helps me any.

I also made up my mind to take a t break until this clears up since I've been thinking for a week or so that I'm overdue for taking some time off.

16. LOL?

Yeah I don't think there's anything you can cure by refusing medical attention and smoking weed out of a vaporizer.

Don't be an idiot, go to a doctor, it could turn out to be serious.

17. He has a slight cough and a stuffy nose.
    I don't think thats going to kill him.

18. Sounds like more than that to me, plus his admittance of these symptoms matching symptoms he's had with a lung infection should be enough to go see a doctor.

Idk, what do you think?

19. Good idea, esp. if you were feeling like you were needing a t-break anyway. Lol, I never have the willpower or inclination to take one unless circumstances forced me too... ironically I'd been considering one for a couple wks but saw no reason other than that it was taking me more than usual to get high, then I was caught :eek: Haha... oh well, my tolerance will be nice and low by the time I'm done.
    Hope you feel better soon dude :)

20. Lol true, i misread.
    I was quite high earlier ;)