Am I Screwed?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Bigpappyj, Jun 9, 2009.

1. I am being tested for opiates later on today. The last opiate i took was 25mg of hydrocodone 5 days ago. I have a pretty high metabolism and have been drinking a lot of iced tea. I havent been taking a lot of opiates before the Vicodin. Am I Screwed? I have used Google, mixed results, looking for more.

2. 72 hours, but i don't know if that's also the going rate for habitual users. :D

3. youll be straight man!

dont worry!:smoking:

4. Thanks guys

5. Hydrocodone may not cause a positive result in a standard opiate urine test. Many opiate tests test only for morphine (which both codeine and heroin break down into). This is true for both home/business kits and laboratory testing. Hydrocodone does not break down into morphine, and is therefore not detected by these tests.

But home and laboratory testing is available that will detect hydrocodone (and hydromorphone, which it breaks down into). So test results will depend on the particular type of test that is used and whether or not laboratory verification is required. If a home drug test is given and the opiate test shows a positive result (due to hydromorphone use), a laboratory verification might NOT result in a positive test because the lab may only test for morphine. In this case, the lab would NOT be able to verify the original positive result.

Detection Period in Urine
    3-4 days

I think you're set man.
    =]

6. just be cool ...

7. I've taken hydrocodone the day of a drug test that tested for opiates, not to mention the two days before that too, and didn't test positive. That's happened to me 2 or 3 times. You're fine.

8. Your good, even if your a heavy opiate users opiates will stay in your system at the most about 5 days.

9. What this man says is true. I took a 5 panel test for an airline and passed after having taken hydrocodone cough syrup for days before hand.

10. You're fine, my friend just had a drug test after doing 40's all weekend and his drug test was tuesday and he passed. That was only 48 hours after his last 40.

11. Your fine, One time I took hydro for a week straight taking the last dose on a friday and passed test on monday.

12. For a job at an airline?

And you should be fine but none of us here are mindreaders. Best of Luck though.