Am i Routing my air correctly?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by compton stomp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Here is my current set-up plan. I have about a 15' x 13' room that has windows on end and windows on the other end. What i'm going to do is bring new air into the room through the windows on one end, and build 3 different rooms inside the bedroom. One will be the flowering room, measuring 8' x 4' x 8', with 2 600W HPS lights. The next will be a veg room measuring 7' x 3'6" x 8 with 2 400W MH lights. The last room will be a small cloning room measuring about 3 ' x 3' x 6' and will use a few cfl's. So i need to make sure that the room remains smellproof, so i'm going to be using a can fan with my exhaust fans. My question is; do i need a carbon filter for each room? I'm assuming i need an exhaust fan for each box right? My goal is to vent the air out the windows on the other end of the room (opposite where i'm fanning air into the bedroom." So can i exhaust the air out of the boxes without a carbon filter, and using a 3 way ducting intersection can i bring the 3 ducts together into a common duct, then send the air through the carbon filter and out the window? Or do i need a carbon filter inside each grow room area? Thanks guys

2. I think your idea sounds like it's on track.
    Initially I'd think individual scrubbers but if they're going to all connect up to one duct leading outside, it would be hard to tell which carbon filter needs changing.
    So, Make one bigass flow through carbon filter and change it out whenever the smells start leaking.
    Or, you could use individual scrubbers inside each room and just shut off the fan pulling through a filter to figure out which one is causing the smell.
    I think that's prolly the better option.
    Either way, you won't need much airflow and definitely won't need odor control for a clone room.