am i retarded or what?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Third Eye, Aug 18, 2011.

1. okay i just bought a new fan to exhaust air from my grow box. i installed it on the inside of the grow box to muffle the noise (it is kinda loud) but no matter which was i turned it it just wouldnt blow through the carbon filter and out the box, it was always blowing back inside the box????

2. how many watts is the fan?

3. You have wired it wrong, the fan will spin the wrong way if you reverse the wiring. Simply switch the wires to have the propeller blow the right way.

4. no, its not wired the wrong way. i thought it was too but i uninstalled it and the spun it around so it shouldve blown the right way however it just blows back into the box? i have no intake fans so maybe the pressure isnt high enough to go through the carbon filter or something? idk
    its 240 cfm btw

5. what kind of carbon filter is it? home made?

6. yes, i have the fan just inside the wall of the grow box and the carbon filter mounted just outside the box directly conencted to the fan basically just seperated by the grow box wall. the box isnot sealed tight from air btw. click on my sig for my journal if you need a visual aspect but it dosnt show my new fan or anything

7. Use ducting to build up pressure?

8. hmm, where would i attach the ducting to? ive never really used ducting before

9. Is it easier to push air or pull it I forget? :confused:

10. #10 The Third Eye, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    i guess pull. i figure it will work if i put it on the outside of the box, but its pretty loud and i would have to find some way to muffle the noise :/