am i out of line?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Broosh, Nov 22, 2010.

1. i absolutely fucking HATE those damn commercials asking you to donate money to save animals.

i personally think it's ABSURD the fact that these companies are flooding my TV asking for 80 cents a day to help an animal, when i could spend THIRTY CENTS A DAY TO SAVE A CHILD.

am i out of line for thinking that?

2. #2 davis44, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
    yeah you kinda are dude!!!

theres alot of fucked up shit in this world, that doesnt mean that we should leave some things to focus more on others.. well maybe in some cases but this isnt one of those..

in my eyes animals are equal to humans, the grand illusion of todays society is that humans come first, because we are oh so important in this is our world and they don't contribute to society etc etc BULLSHIT!!! Our society is what has fucked up so many of their lives, we've turned the world into out own little thing at the expanse of their natural ways and now so many of them are dependent on us. They contribute more to greater good of the world than most parts of humanity just be keeping the food cycle in a steady rotation and maintaining a proper balance of life on earth

They have souls, they feel pain just as much as we do and have as much right to be here as any human but because they are different from us and we cant relate to them/communicate with them they are seen as inferior

Most of their problems come from the horrible fuck ups of the human race anyway

In my eyes if someone won 2 million dollars and were giving it all away to charity, i think it would be reasonably to donate 1 mil to starving kids and 1 mil to animals in need

P.S DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF THINKING YOU DESERVE YOUR LIFE AND MORE RIGHTS THAN ANIMALS, THEY ARE APART OF OUR COSMIC FAMILY!!! within reason of course, like i dont expect you to share your bed with an animal and all that but you know, living standards considered.

P.P.S sorry for long stoned rant, i rarely do em but i had some points to make

3. [​IMG]

Now to the OP, my good man Boosh:

No, you're definitely not out of line.

4. i have a soft spot for animals, i understand not everyone does so in that sense no you're not.

idk its tough though.. i donate monthly to both anyway :laughing:

5. does that mean shut up? lol
    dont get it

6. haha well, It was more of a joke then anything. I definitely understand where you're coming from, no living being, whatever that may entail, should never be subject to cruelty.

:smoke:

But I also understand where Boosh is coming from. I suppose preferably I'd rather donate to starving children, but I don't see anything wrong with donating to a shelter that tends to abused animals.

7. I don't think you're out of line at all :wave:

eff those commercials.

8. #8 windowPanes, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
    What about the children And animals in our Own countries. We don't need to send "only pennies a day" across a Single border for a child or animal. I'm sorry but take care of your own first. Fuck I know people within 5 miles that would be happy with 10 bucks a month.

AM I WRONG? Am I Wrong?...

[​IMG]

9. agree 420% with davis44... us homo sapiens are NOT superior!!! how arrogant are some of our fellow talking monkeys 2 believe we 'own' anything on this organic spacerock ship floating adrift thru the middle of... nowhere?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYCS2o8JMY4]YouTube - Joe Rogan on materialism[/ame]

10. Well technically, we are superior. We're on top of the food chain.

I suppose you meant in the aspect in that doesn't necessarily allow us to claim all land as our own, however.

11. To be honest, the commercials asking us to give money to children over seas piss me off more. Why can't we help our own children.

As for the animals, that's some people's cause. Animals have no voice. Humans do.

12. By the way, this is NOT true.

We are NOT at the top of our food chain and we are NOT an apex predator. Tigers, sharks, lions, wolves -- they would all eat us in a second.

13. Unless we use our advanced brains to put a .45 cal piece of metal through their skulls. ;)

I'd rather give money to animals if I had to give money to anything... I don't like humanity for the most part, but animals? They have never pissed me off. :confused_2:

14. Brains over brawn, my dear!
    :smoke:

15. That doesn't make us at the top of the food chain. Just because we can kill them, those animals would still eat us. Zebras have killed cheetahs.

I gladly take up animal rights all the time. It's something I'm proud of. I believe in helping people though too and have spent countless hours in food kitchens, food closets and doing other various volunteer work.

16. Le sigh.

Don't even get me started on this. Do you know that pigs can play video games? That's right, give a pick a joystick specially made for it's snout and it'll play away. Just like us.

Many animals are just as intelligent as we are, but we are just learning about it. The brain is very new and unknown territory and that doesn't just go for humans, it goes for animals as well.

Just because we have cities, an infastructure and buildings doesn't mean that we're better than any other creature on earth. Ants have entire cities. Dolphins have a complicated social structure and war. Apes use tools.

We are just different. Our brain gives us the unique ability to think about the future, consider time and gives us ego, which most animals don't have that we know about, however, that doesn't have anything to do with the food chain.

Brains over brawn? Ever heard of the Lions of Tsavo? Seems like their brains were quite effective over our brawn for awhile. No?

17. animals 'or' children? we ARE animals lol.. just evolved primates lol

18. How often do zebras kill cheetahs in comparison to how often cheetahs kill zebra. A shark might kill a human a couple times a year, whereas we kill many times more every week. The smartest, strongest, best animal from any species VS the strongest, smartest, best human is going to get dominated so easily. Not hand to hand, but thats what makes humans dominant. We have the ability to create things like guns. It started with things like spears, and a huge part of that is our opposable thumbs. Aside from primates, we're about the only thing on this planet with opposable thumbs.

How many tigers walk around in human skin coats? How many sharks eat human

19. i think we can all make the assumption that people know what i was referring to. we don't have to work off of specifics just to be an asshole/know-it-all (no offense)

20. [​IMG]