Am i on the right track?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Take Me Higher, Dec 14, 2011.

1. I don't post to much but believe me I read your guys stuff all day haha but I'm lookin for some insight as to if I'm doing alright....
    I'm in high school 18 of course, I haven't gotten good enough grades to get into prestigious or whatever colleges, i have a job that I've had throughout high school at a convenient store but I don't want to work there after school, i have no sorts o drug addictions or any depression I smoke on weekends with my boys and live life day by day im completely indifferent to everyone besides a select few people and I hate almost everyone I don't know why but if they do one asshole thin that I witness or hear about in my head it clicks to hating them. It's rough but hey Ill live but anyway I'm living life looking for happiness not riches and fame, I could honestly care less about my salary and what not as long as I'm providng,eating,and Saving don't forget my weeken sessions also ive started to notice ive slowly stopped carjng about what people think and say and all but i guess that comes with maturation and what not but just wanted to know what you guys think about my situation..do you think It will get me by?, ruin me or whatever? I don't know what I'm looking for, just some insight

2. I'm not entirely sure what your asking, but I'll try anyways. It seems like your smoking the ideal amount, weekends is the best time to get high. :smoke: Smoking everyday can sorta put you in a slump, but if you're only smoking on the weekends there's absolutely nothing to worry about. You seem like a chill individual, keep doin whacha do. :bongin:

3. [quote name='"lbs"']I'm not entirely sure what your asking, but I'll try anyways. It seems like your smoking the ideal amount, weekends is the best time to get high. :smoke: Smoking everyday can sorta put you in a slump, but if you're only smoking on the weekends there's absolutely nothing to worry about. You seem like a chill individual, keep doin whacha do. :bongin:[/quote]

Yea I guess the question is what to do next I mean I know If I just GO and end up somewhere Il make it out on the better end but I just don't know what to do next, no one really told me you know here's the list do this,this, and this so now I'm here and have all the roads to turn onto just need to find the one that suits me you know?

4. nobody can tell you if your on the right track

you have to walk it to find out

but let me tell you, im only 2 years older then you (just turned 20) life gets pretty wackkyyy. Keep a clear head, show respect, become a man. you'll be fine

1. smoke weed
    2. find a hobby or something your good at and enjoy doing.
    3. exercise
    4.Eat Salad
    5. Drink water

smart words from a buddy of mine... i can't believe i still remember that...

5. [quote name='"[[jamminout']]"]

nobody can tell you if your on the right track

you have to walk it to find out

but let me tell you, im only 2 years older then you (just turned 20) life gets pretty wackkyyy. Keep a clear head, show respect, become a man. you'll be fine

1. smoke weed
    2. find a hobby or something your good at and enjoy doing.
    3. exercise
    4.Eat Salad
    5. Drink water

smart words from a buddy of mine... i can't believe i still remember that...[/quote]

Yea appreciate the response and that seems to be the plan and I've realized from my few years that shit can really hit the fan just gotta get past it, but idk I'm just hoping to hear from someone whos been down a similar road, I don't wanna do something just because someone said that's what they did I just wanna know I a "go with the flow" attitude can really last you know? But ay whatever happens happens all I need is the land and some love that's enough to keep this guy runnin.

6. the track is what you make it, so you tell me, are you?

7. Chill out, give people more chances I guess

8. i don't think a go with the flow attitude can last.. maybe its just idk..

i feel like you get more out of life when the things that u need to do everyday are conscious choices that you make for yourself. as example lets say you love soccer

its like
    Oh boy im gonna go to soccer practice today, or Im gonna run a extra mile and a half so that im faster ( these are high examples soo spare me)

9. Man I know what your talking about Im going through the samething myself. Should I go with the flow or play life like a game and win? Only problem there is,no one wins in the end. Youll be dead longer than your Alive. So live to have fun and put a smile on your face and others around you.

-Here try reading this. Human Beings: Simply Complicated, by Harry Yeatts

10. [quote name='"WizardOfSwag"']the track is what you make it, so you tell me, are you?[/quote]

Yea that's what the answer seems to be, and what I want Is happiness and im happy so let's see we're this road takes me.

11. You seem to have a lot of it right. One thing I would suggest is learning the importance of tolerance. Tolerating people's bullshit goes a long way both in your own personal growth and wider moral benefit. It's too complex a lesson for me to outline, you must experience it yourself. The rest of it you've got right- not caring what people think, seeing fulfilling your simplest needs as your key goal (which it is in all of us whether we know it or not).

Living this way is great because it is both pleasing to the self and to others because of how it causes you to feel inside which affects how you interact with others. Excess, extremities and obsession with status has never gotten anyone far.

Smoking weed now and again, chillin with mates, making some cash and having a roof over your head is all you need, and you're definitely on the right track if you've figured this out already.

12. [quote name='"Frenchexit"']Man I know what your talking about Im going through the samething myself. Should I go with the flow or play life like a game and win? Only problem there is,no one wins in the end. Youll be dead longer than your Alive. So live to have fun and put a smile on your face and others around you.

-Here try reading this. Human Beings: Simply Complicated, by Harry Yeatts[/quote]

That's a good read, I've read excerpts from it in the past
    and yea man it's rough out there and I seem to be unscathed by everyone and everything just don't care and wanna know what happens if I lay back (work and pay bills all that good stuff)
    But let the world spin and witness an learn instead of doing the norm of getting involved in everything, will it work for me? No ones know but I'm down for an experiment.

13. [quote name='"Autechra"']You seem to have a lot of it right. One thing I would suggest is learning the importance of tolerance. Tolerating people's bullshit goes a long way both in your own personal growth and wider moral benefit. It's too complex a lesson for me to outline, you must experience it yourself. The rest of it you've got right- not caring what people think, seeing fulfilling your simplest needs as your key goal (which it is in all of us whether we know it or not).

Living this way is great because it is both pleasing to the self and to others because of how it causes you to feel inside which affects how you interact with others. Excess, extremities and obsession with status has never gotten anyone far.

Smoking weed now and again, chillin with mates, making some cash and having a roof over your head is all you need, and you're definitely on the right track if you've figured this out already.[/quote]

Appreciate It man and it's not that I don't tolerate people it's just if I see you as sketchy or a bit of asshole I don't even bother getting to know you. I dot know if that approach limits me or helps me but it's worked so far I have a select group of buddies that have my back and I have theres and by not putting up with bullshit we all now know there's no chance of being fucked over by one another. But I know most friendships end and new ones have to begin and I've accepted that and I agree 100% all I need is a home some green and some friends to make it to the end.

14. About your job situation, if you really don't want to work there try finding something you enjoy or don't hate. I'm sure after a couple more years of working at a convenience store you'll want to be somewhere making better than close to minimum wage.

Even if you don't want to go to a nice college I recommend at least taking a couple courses at your community college. Try to find something you're interested in.

Like previous posters said, it's a good thing you're only smoking on the weekend. I really would recommend college unless money is that big of a problem and you don't think you're grades are good enough.

Good luck. :smoke:

15. [quote name='"TheBlackCops"']About your job situation, if you really don't want to work there try finding something you enjoy or don't hate. I'm sure after a couple more years of working at a convenience store you'll want to be somewhere making better than close to minimum wage.

Even if you don't want to go to a nice college I recommend at least taking a couple courses at your community college. Try to find something you're interested in.

Like previous posters said, it's a good thing you're only smoking on the weekend. I really would recommend college unless money is that big of a problem and you don't think you're grades are good enough.

Good luck. :smoke:[/quote]

Yea I wanna take some teaching classes at my community college and maybe some history classes enough to teach maybe freshman history that seems to be the only subject I have any interest in sought as well go with it. And yea I don't have enough money regardless to go a university or anything like that but community college my family would have no problem paying for. Wish me luck

16. I'm currently taking an arts degree in university, in arts 1000 i have learned one simple thing from studying the likes of philosophers socrates, plato and aristotle. They all had their own ways of finding the meaning of life and their goal. The goal to life is always happiness. If someone asks you why youre doing something and you respond to be happy, no one is going to ask you why you want to be happy. To aristotle everything is about "the golden mean" or a happy median in everything in life. I think he hit the nail on the head. :)

17. [quote name='"WizardOfSwag"']I'm currently taking an arts degree in university, in arts 1000 i have learned one simple thing from studying the likes of philosophers socrates, plato and aristotle. They all had their own ways of finding the meaning of life and their goal. The goal to life is always happiness. If someone asks you why youre doing something and you respond to be happy, no one is going to ask you why you want to be happy. To aristotle everything is about "the golden mean" or a happy median in everything in life. I think he hit the nail on the head. :)[/quote]

Agreed, definitely my only goal is to find some sort of happiness whether or not it's exactly what i want to be doing. Those guys had there shit together and all they had was some togas, a temple, pen and paper and they got by.

18. yeah man, that just goes to show, we can do it too.

19. [quote name='"WizardOfSwag"']yeah man, that just goes to show, we can do it too.[/quote]

Not to bad I might have to take a deeper look into those guys, learn a bit

20. dude this post and the last ones are pretty much exactly what i would have said or typed lol im really high and it was awesome.:smoke: