Am I on the right track so far? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RobUpNya, Sep 30, 2010.

1. I'm building my first hydro setup and I wanna make sure I'm not missing anything. So far, I have ordered a bunch of stuff and not all has come in yet. This is what it consists of:

* 2' x 4' sunhut grow tent
    * 4" inline exhaust fan with can filter
    * 600w cool tube w/ switchable ballast
    * home made bubbleponic setup:
    - 2 x 18" dark colored bins
    - aquarium pump (dual outlet)
    - 10 x 3" net pots
    - hydroton
    - 4 x 5.5" long airstones

i am going to cutout 5 holes on each bin for the net pots to sit in. Split the pump so ea outlet goes to a bin with 2 airstones each. carbon filter is going to sit inside the tent with ducting leading out into an inline fan and the outlet of the fan running through more duct leading to one end of the cool tube and exiting back out of the tent eventually to exhaust smell and heat (does this sound about right to you?).

Well, that's my plan so far... Am I headed the right direction?:confused:

2. yea it seems like a good direction so far. i think that ph/ppm testing equipment is recommended for growing hydroponically. you need rockwool or something like that as well. and of course the nutrients

3. Alot of nickel and dime stuff comes up when you build your own setups.

Be prepared for that.

If I had it to do over, I would have bought waterfarm drip ring systems, rather than making the BBs myself. They work fine, but I'm just not sure I saved that much money, and definitely lost out on time.

4. Just an update on my setup so far. Here are some pictures of my setup, check it out and tell me what you think it may be missing besides posts and plants...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have a few more questions before I actually start...

1. I was thinking of doing a 6 pod setup on each of the bins I have... Is it overdoing it if I do a 3 x 2 x 3 setup on each bin? Or is the 6 pod setup more suitable in these 18 gallon bins?

2. When I have the nutrients and PH level just about right in each bin, How often do I change out the fluids? Do I change all, or do I change portions?:confused: