Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I lucky, or is this a common thing?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mcbuddin, Jun 20, 2010.

1. I seem to have the ability to smoke all the weed i want without getting stupid. I love smoking pot, and around here everyone always lectures me about how it's gonna make me stupid and i believed them. But i have continued smoking weed daily for over a year now and i dont feel any dumber. Regardless of some short term memory loss and odd "oh shit" moment, I actually think im more intelligent.

i like to do my homework after i smoke up I find myself more focused and things make more sense. I like to get high before class too, but not cause im some underachiever. I have like high marks . . literally :smoking:

but seriously, its like the opposite for me and im not getting any dumber so far and im just wondering if im immune to that effect of weed.

All this being said, i also wanna ask if you guys agree that theres no real reason for me to quit smoking pot. My parents are not fond of me being high so much but i can afford it and i dont see why i should quit.

2. I get a 10- in maths totally stoned :)

magical power :smoke:

3. I don't believe that the pot dumbs you down.
    I've had similar experiences, the pot definitely makes me feel smarter.

4. reading this through it sounds like im just making shit up as an excuse to continue smoking pot. But that really isn't the case, I think pot helps my brain.

Have you guys ever heard of a well respected person in power who is known for smoking pot, but is not a dumbass about it? Naturally I have big goals and dreams, I would love to be that person, or even just wealthy and i'd be happy. But what would your opinion on the feasibility of my life going that way with the pot involved the entire way.

5. I have noticed the same thing. For me pot creates a desire for knowledge. When im sober i just pay attention in school so i can get decent grades. When im high i pay attention because i crave the answers to the many questions posed by the world around me. I actually enjoy learning with the aid of weed. What a wonderful plant.

6. I'd say its common

I feel pretty much the same..

I got the best grades of my life this year and I smoked more weed than ever..

7. #7 mcbuddin, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2010
    yea, and i totally love how EVERYTHING can be explained down to its molecular level. Its incredible how much humans have created with this knowledge. I want to understand everything, and then figure something new out.

an example im just thinking about is in chem class the other day my teacher told us that there is no scientific reasoning, or discovery as to what makes a strong base strong and vise versa. ITs just the way things are, i would love to be the one to figure out WHY some are stronger than others.

8. #9 KHA0S, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2010
    Pot makes everything more interesting to me, including academics.

That said, I have an academic scholarship, am a Bio Med major in college, and have been smoking since I was fourteen years old.

9. cannabis doesnt make you dumber, and with your description, it sounds like you definitely shouldn't quit, especially if it helps you with school.

i was a person who didnt like to do schoolwork regardless of whether i was high or not, this includes my whole life, well before I started smoking. so as long as you focus on schoolwork, you can literally smoke all the weed in the world and get basically no negative effects.

sadly our society is full of idiots that know nothing about cannabis, but still have the nerve to judge people that use it even though we know it isnt harmful, and it seems like you're learning that :rolleyes: :cool:

10. yeah, definitely found I could study pretty well stoned and stuff, but it does affect my memory a fair bit so it's not something I do regularly.

11. i hated school passionatly, but weed makes it bareable, when i went 2 college i smoked everyday b4 class and it seemed 2 help i was more intrested but when the high wore off i was bored again, when i go 2 college again in like 2 weeks im looking forward 2 really trying this out since i do have ADHD, the last college i went 2 i wasnt all that intrested in the classes which is why i dropped out and went 2 another so i didnt get a proper chance 2 fully try it out, but weed has never ever made me feel dumber, i'm actully alot smarter and more attentive when i'm high, and when i cook i feel almost graceful :smoking:

12. You must be stupid already cause smoking weed doesn't make you stupider.

13. Eddie Bravo reckons you get smarter or more focused when high because it's like getting a boner - the more blood in your brain the better you get.

ftw

14. I passed all of the latter half of grade 12 high as a kite in the field, with marks above my usual.

If you learn when you're high, toke away!:smoking:

15. Weed will only make you dumber if YOU choose to let it make you dumber by smoking weed and sitting around all day. Its not smoking weed that makes you dumb, its sitting around doing nothing that makes potheads dumb. You're just smart enough to realize how to use the power of the ganja to your advantage. Some blaze so they can focus in school, some blaze just to relax and go to sleep, some blaze to make better music, some blaze just to abuse it.

and ignore the oh shit moments, when your high shit happens

16. I've been smoking since i was 14, and I'm going to med school. :smoke: