Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

am i literally smoking my wooden bowl?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sidd, Mar 30, 2010.

1. today i was blzin (still high) and i lit this one fuckin hit that just killed me, man! it was in the bottom of my bowl and it was cherryin. it smelled like shit and just kept fuckin burning. i put a fairly medum sized chunk ov bud (white widow) in the hole in your bowl that you actually pack, dunno its name. i was coughing like fucking crazy, and it made me feel really fuckin sick inhaling the smoke. the smoke was extremely harsh and strong smelling. so i stopped on my 3rd hit cuz that shit was making me nausesas.

my question to you issss was i literally smoking the wood of my bowl or was the dense bit o bud in the bottom of my bowl what was burnin?

2. 1. do you have a screen, or anything to stop you just inhaling the ash?
    2. not a question, but I realised the other day that my wooden pipe made weed taste like ass.

3. no, i dont have s ascreen. its just a wooden bowl my friend made me. i dunno how to make one.

really? i hope that s the case hwre, cuz i dont have the money to get a glass bowl atm

4. my buddy used to have a wooden bowl we called "whistlers mother". I did what you are describing plenty of times. Get a piece of glass. Just my opinion.

5. im not trying to be a dick or anything but how do you have enough money to buy white widow but not a 20 buck glass peice

6. My sentiments exactly. Freakin' kills me when people talk about how they can't afford something that's probably half the cost of their next bud pickup...Seriously, just bite the bullet and get a decent glass piece.

7. Here's the problem I've always seen with wooden pieces: wood burns. So unless it's some sort of magical wood, or some weird half wood half glass/metal piece, it's going to fucking burn. Even with a screen you would still be inhaling small amounts of wood ash.

If you absolutely cannot go to the headshop and drop $10 on a small glass spoon, just make your own bong out of a Sobe bottle or something like that.

I have not, and will not ever smoke out of a wooden piece because I dont want to inhale wood ash lol.

8. are you smoking a bong?

9. i didnt actually buy the widow, my friend asked me to hold onto it for him and he told me to smoke as much as i want.

10. Either way, people are pointing out that a small glass spoon is extremely cheap, and in the long run pays for itself.

You can get awesome custom pipes from Etsy for like $15 shipped. The guy I got mine from let me choose the color, length, and carb position...it's my favorite pipe now!

11. the closest headshop sells the lowest ones for $20-$30 and i cant order it over the internet. but i guess once i get a chaince to get out there and get some fucking money ill invest in one

12. hit up this friend of yours, he'll loan you a spoon. i mean, what is he doing, teasing you? "smoke as much as you want" meanwhile you have no pipe.

13. Wood pipes are for 'baccy. You smoke tobacco differently than you blaze nugs, the higher temperature and prolonged exposure to that tempurature is in fact causing you to literally smoke your bowl. Try cherrying it more I guess, or just get a glass bowl.
    Never kept a wooden bowl, though I have heard about them being 'broken in', maybe it just needs to be broken in more? Only one way to find out :)

14. wood pipes will eventually burn, even the wood tobacco pipes eventually burn. thats what makes the smoke so harsh.

get some glass man

15. There could be a varnish or sealant one the wood, I don't know. It could be treated wood? A pic would be nice!

16. Or quit lying about having super high quality bud...

Not trying to be a dick, but, I don't know of too many people who can find Widow but have absolutely zero legit pieces.

17. Necro bumping the shit out of this, just bought a sick wood bowl with a glass piece embedded inside. Super interesting post for me because the bowl is still wood, the glass is inside the wood, I'll post a pic maybe if this is interesting.. Anyway, bought the bowl with a brand new bong, which is a glass scientific-ish piece - nothing fancy. Bought it because I used to smoke with a pinch of tobacco under my weed to make it last. Can't even hit like I used to because of it so I bought a new piece for herb only, along with a vape to hopefully revive my lungs over time. Anyways, getting to the point, I'm now sick 4 days into this new piece, right away I must be smoking varnish, as someone mentioned the wood could be treated and if it wasn't it would split and rot. It sucks because I kind of like the wood taste with certain indica strains, but I really need to work my harm reduction and this bowl is probably killin' me faster.

18. OP is 8 years old stop smoking wood & check dates on threads.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Oh I checked the date, hense the usage of the term "Bump".Sorry though guess I'll go comment on some new stuff. This was just kind of relevant for me.

• Like Like x 1

20. My bad lol I get that dude but you wont get any reply lol make a new thread about wood pipes n you'll get answers