Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I Likely to Catch Pneumonia Now?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mlrock, May 12, 2011.

1. This past Friday, I blazed with several people and we shared a pipe. A day or two ago, one of them came down with pneumonia. I'm worried that she may have acquired it before and it was incubating inside of her when we smoked. Do you think there's a chance that I may catch her pneumonia?

2. For healthy persons, the answer is NO.

In theory, pneumonia may be contagious. In practice, it hardly ever happens that a healthy person "catches" pneumonia from someone else.

3. I got a couple sweets rolled and a whole nother O in the ziplock

4. To have Pneumonia once in life is not uncommon. It's often found in children, young people in their 20's, and the elderly. It's typically rooted in a weakened immune system but can have other causes like being exposed to certain bacteria. There is a vaccine for Pneumonia which you may wish to discuss with your physician because as we get older our immune systems become more easily compromised and we are more prone to infections and illnesses.