Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

am i just paranoid?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ARoid, Sep 6, 2010.

1. first of all yes im 18 and i dont want my parents to know i smoke

i smoked in my room with a bowl at 6:30 (its 9 now) and used a sploof and had the window open. i left to do some things then came back just now. while sitting in my room i heard my sister say "it smells weird" and my mom who is in the bathroom which is right next to my room says "it smells like campfire". is it somehow possible that the smell lingered that long even though i had a sploof/blew the smoke out the window?

2. maybe. but you should be ok if she thinks it smells like campfire this one time. maybe you should try goin outside or somethin next time just incase she catches onto something.

3. If you were smoking inside, the sploof is not going to account for the fact that the weed was most likely cherried and that smoke was not going through the sploof. If I MUST smoke inside I seriously end up with half my body outside the window.

4. Sure it's possible. Sploofs are not foolproof. Frankly if you don't have permission to smoke in the house you should be doing it outside anyways :confused_2:

5. Who cares. I say once all the evidence is away what are they going to do. Really... :rolleyes:

6. If my daughter (now 20) ever displayed that attitude she would have had to find a homeless shelter to live in :)

Thankfully she is a hard working young adult with her own place and her own life, and knows to treat her father with respect.

7. I treat my parents with utmost respect. I also was not responding to you. Im saying just chill out what can they do now. :)

8. I know you weren't responding to me and I wasn't flaming you per se, I was just pointing out that there IS something else they can do about it...kick you out ;)

9. Well what im saying is they have no proof. Say you had the window open and someones baking special brownies next door. ;)

10. Yea, it is very possible. Sploofs can give away the weed smell as well, depending on the amount of sheets u packed inside/how u smoked/and can depend on the weed itself.
    The best thing to do is not hide or avoid it, but go up to them and confirm you smell it as well, but keep them distracted with some one liners:
    "It could be the neighors"
    "I think one of the neighbors were having bbq"
    "I think some one was smoking outside, smoke could have got inside"

11. ^i've been doing that for years although I usually prefer to just go outside at night and just blaze in a lawn chair, it's so relaxing

12. shit, yeah they definitely smelled it. i just asked my sister and she said like an hour + ago it smelled like campfire in the complete opposite corner of the house from my room. im just lucky as fuck nobody thought it smelled like weed (im sure both my parents know that smell, not sure why it smelled like campfire) i'm definitely only smoking in the basement or outside now, that shit is just way to smelly.

13. The basement is the worst spot to smoke. Thats where the air from the vents comes from.

14. This lol.

I turned my entire house into a sploof by putting dryer sheets on the intake vent for the a.c.

Lol :smoking:

15. really? well i have a pretty big basement and i go to the back corner where there is bunch of random shit piled up that our family is too lazy to throw away, so nobody ever has a reason to go back there. plus it has a window. i just sploof it out the window and i've had no problems with smell, as i've done this 20-30 times without anyone saying anything.

16. Say you where at a campfire.

17. Just dont use one?