Am I In Trouble?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by killjoy, Jun 16, 2008.

1. im new to this, its been 3 weeks since i planted my sprouted seeds (into one pot) and 4 of them sprouted. and now i have been told i have to transplant to other pots or they will die is this true?and if so please tell me the very best way to do this. thks

2. Yes, you want each plant to have its own pot.
    Look up transplant on youtube to learn how.

3. Yeah, they each need their own pot. It would have been better if they had started out that way, but you can still have good results if you transplant them.

The trick is to do it while disturbing the roots as little as possible.

4. thank you

i couldn't find any thing on youtube about transplanting a bunch of plants from a single pot to individual pots and i looked and couldnt find any thing that went into details.

5. Well this is going to be a tough one brotha...I hope you have surgeon hands, make sure you are completely sober when you try this.

Set up your 4 pots first with your potting mix, make sure the mix is moist before you start transplanting and the soil that you are transplanting from (the big pot) is around the same moisture. You're gonna dig these up like weeds, think of it that way because a real transplant is done when your plants are root bound which is very easy because the roots are wrapped along the sides of the pot clumped up in a ball and it pops right out.

Go to wal-mart or home depot and pick up a little gardeners shovel (a little hand held scooper) very gently dig around your seedling doing your very best to not damage the roots too much. Just do one at a time... Make sure you do it in the morning for the plants (when their lights turn on) because then they will have a full day to recover. After you transplant them give each of them a nice drink as well.

Its a very tough plant brotha, it will most likely survive but do it right away before the roots get too tangled.

Peace