Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I In The Clear?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by StonerSnake, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Hello fellow blades. I recently applied and was accepted to the local Kmart down the road, and will be working in the garden center. I started my break on the 15th, and went to the interview on the 19th. During the interview, I was told that they drug test only if I get hurt on the job or if they suspect I'm under the influence. Though, somewhat towards the end of the interview, I recall her saying that I will be tested. I then went back to finish the interview process on the 21st, and was hired.

My first day was today, paid and all, but it was only orientation. During the orientation they stated that they will drug test if someone is hurt on the job, but that was about it. I'm scheduled to get trained and start working there in the next couple days. I received no papers regarding a testing facility in which I would have to go to to take a test, like I did at my previous job, immediately during the interview process.

So my question is, am I in the clear? Do you think I should wait one more week to make sure they don't test? I asked around and was told that someone else who was hired there about 6-12 months ago apparently was tested. Just wanted to hear some opinions on what you guys think, thanks.

TLDR: Got hired at a job and heard people were tested in the past, but I wasn't. Starting the training process in the next couple days. Am I safe to start up again?

2. I'd be blazin' away.

3. Garden shops drug test :laughing: REALLY man that's crazy.

4. No, the person I was told who was tested was not working in the garden department.

5. If they're gonna test you, it'll be before they start paying you. Smoke away, just realize that when you smash your head in the back or slice your hand with some random object that isn't supposed to cut you, its on you.

These companies understand that you have to be a stoner for certain jobs. Its the only way to make them bearable. They just won't pay to get you fixed.

6. Yeah, that's what I figured too. Just wanted to get some opinions on the matter at hand, thanks for the replies.

7. wtf would be lol

8. Don't risk it and apply somewhere else like a janitor.

9. Please tell me you arent being serious. Did you even read my post?...

10. May as well wait another week. You are probably in the clear but it's risky.

11. you're fine. they wouldn't pay you if they gave a shit about a drug test. that'd be stupid. they pay you for a few days work, drug test you, and then fire you? they'd have to pay you for basically nothing.

12. I wouldn't worry about it. I used to work at Kmart and I did everything from Garden to Electronics and cashier. I never once got drug tested. I did however come to work blazed multiple times and went to work in Garden. I also got injured unloading boxes from a truck once.
    I think they say it to scare you.

13. I wouldnt risk it.

14. A bolt. The thread to be specific. Still have the scar on my middle finger. I would have killed for pain meds while it was healing.

15. no haha, whats supposed to cut you?