Am I heading down the path to opiate addiction?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Trich0me, Aug 31, 2009.

1. For the past couple years, painkillers have been my drug of choice. I used to only do it occasionally, usually at about 30mg at a time. Well, I should say that I would go on short binges every now and then, maybe for a week or so.

For the past two months or so, I have been taking pain pills pretty much every day. Hydrocodone and Oxycodone mainly. I've taken Morphine a couple times and Hydromorphone once. Usually, like today, I take a total of 20-25mg of Vicodin throughout the day. 5mg in the morning, 5mg before bed, and I'll pop two or three more 5's between those doses. I've been doing this for a couple months now. I haven't increased my dosage or taken more than 5mg at a time.

I don't have a script or anything, I buy them and take them mostly because they help me socialize. I have terrible social problems, and when I take them I am very outgoing. They also just put a spring to my step throughout the day, in whatever I'm doing. I realize that this is a dangerous course of action, which is why I haven't gone over 25mg a day. I just won't let myself, no matter how high my tolerance gets (I really can't notice a major difference between the feeling I get now and the feeling I got two months ago).

I'm going to continue this, because I'm dependent on them. I've come to terms with that. When I don't have any, I don't get sick or anything, but I do feel a little down if I get bored. As long as I stay busy I'm all right and can deal just fine, so I don't think I'm addicted. I was wondering if anyone a bit wiser than me, that has maybe done this before and been through it, could tell me if I'm headed that way. I kind of feel safe because I'm moderating myself so well, and I'm taking such low doses. I have substantial self control with them these days, I will also add.

2. i dont think so. you are just using them to help your social anxiety. if you start needing them to relieve stress or need them to socialize period then you are heading down. and i used to have social anxiety too you just have to hang out with more people and eventually itll lessen up. something that helps me is thinking that im better than people haha sounds wierd but when im talking to someone i dont know it helps.

3. All you need is some good MJ and some Salvia man... then some food.. you know how shit hits the fan..

Maybe you don't socialize because the people around you are boring ass tards from little rock arkansass. ....just a thought

Make sure you research Salvia before you smoke it alright mate

Cheers :smoke:

4. You should be able to overcome your social anxiety either by yourself or with a doctor perscribed script for a medicine more along the lines of something just for that.

Yes, taking opiates everyday is leading yourself to addiction. Take it from someone who's there.

5. That right there answers your question.

6. if you have to ask...

7. I think your addicted to getting high. If you had good bud every day..you could quit the painkillers easily.

That's how it is for me atleast..I just like gettin high. When I got bud I don't even worry about my hydros. It's when they're all I have that I begin taking them frequently and daily.

You could be hooked...but the majority of the people on here just like getting high. We can trade one substance for another without any problems.

I've taken opiates daily for months then quit cold turkey..as long as I had weed.

8. Just be really careful a lot of my friends said they wouldn't get addicted and low and behold were all addicted to Roxy..i can stop for a week and then im just like fuck its been a week i can do it just this one time..then tomorrow too and the next day, till i feel like a went overboard and stop for a week...Then repeat....Weed is my savior:D

9. like they say..if you think ur crazy your prob not...
    So the fact is you know and have reconized there is an issue.. I would recommend like others above did, to get some good smoke and try to kick the pills, smoke is natural and really wont harm you over time, pain killers will destoy your liver and kidneys over time... So be safe and remember that is the only body you have so try and take care of it..;)

10. definitely agree with this. for me its not a substance addiction. its just that a love being high. doesn't really matter what as long as im up there.

11. I'd say your definitely right in the middle of a opiate addiction path.

I've seen stupid pain pills fuck up so many people's lives, get over it, and stop and ask yourself, do I really need to constantly eat pills all day to LIVE? NO, you don't!

12. Thanks everyone for your input. I would agree that I'm addicted to getting high, opiate highs are my high of choice over weed because the weed around here just drains me. I've heard from different people that strains of Sativa give you an energetic feeling, from what they say it's the exact opposite of what I've been experiencing. I would definitely want to get my hands on some good dank bud like that, and if I did and it didn't make me crash an hour after I smoked it I would definitely kick the pills for it.

If the pure Sativa high is really what it's made out to be, or what I'm making it to be from what I've heard, when I get my own place in a month or so I will definitely be growing some Haze. I can't find any right now and can't grow in my parents house. I mean, I could pull it off, I veged a few plants in a computer case a few years back when I was 16 in my closet but my mom could lose her nursing license and her career among other things if I were to be caught. And that's just shitty. So I guess I'm going to continue the pill popping until I have a regular supply of Sativa.