Am I gonna get sued?

Discussion in 'General' started by KamelRedLight, Apr 13, 2012.

1. I've never thought about it before, but is there any possibility that Winston-Salem (company that owns Camel and therefore the name Kamel Red Light) would want to sue me for using a trademarked brand name as my user name? Especially if it's on a forum such as this? I couldn't think of a better name at the time (many more have come to me since) so I just went with my favorite cigarette. I mean I'd think they'd be flattered, but you know how corporations get, especially tobacco corporations. Thoughts?

2. I really don't think they would care and why would they be looking at your name on this forum? I wouldn't worry a lot of people use brand names as their user name on this website.

3. Somebodys paranoid

4. My uncle is a copyrights lawyer up in NYC, Ill ask him later tonight if I remember...Copyright infringement is what alot of this sopa pipa property rights shit was all about..So I kinda get your concern...

5. Where's that bird

6. Its not like your trying to profit or really benefiting in any way from the use of the name, so I don't see why they would give a shit really? Ofcoarse I know nothing about those kinds of laws so I could be totally wrong.

7. Hey if you knew my luck lately, you'd understand. I just gotta imagine they'd get pissed about something like that, especially since my name is a blatant rip off. No alterations whatsoever. I'd change it to something I like better, maybe my xbox name, but people already know me by this.

8. Kamel is not Camel
    and ive never heard of camel red lights

9. I'm suing you.

I own a camel, I named him red, and he likes light.

I'll see you in court good sir. Unless you bring $300,000 cash, in unmarked bills, to a place of my choosing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kamel is most certainly a Camel family cigarette.

11. Kamel Reds and Red lights are spelled with a K for whatever reason. They're damn good, but pricey. Makes me feel rich when I smoke em! They're kinda hard to find too.

I don't think you can copyright an actual camel...or can you...

12. im pretty sure you are more like free advertising than anything. cant see how they wouldnt like that.

13. paranoia will destroy ya

• Like Like x 1
  14. omg im about to get mcdonald tatted on my forehead and gonna get sued by mcdonald for taking their trade mark, holy shit!!!

15. [quote name='"steezyDAT"']omg im about to get mcdonald tatted on my forehead and gonna get sued by mcdonald for taking their trade mark, holy shit!!![/quote]

It was a valid question buddy. Oh wait, you're serious...

16. at least i wasn't trippin over my username about gettin sued

17. loll just lol

18. People only sue if they are losing money and you are the one making money off of them. The way they would see it, hey it's free advertising.

19. You'd think so, but they don't always see it that way. Hence my paranoia. But hey I made it 6 years with it, if they haven't gotten me yet I guess they never will.

20. Hopefully we dont have another one of those trayvon johnson scenarios cu. z that would suk. In the meantime sure why not we can always use more spokesmans to cut down the sickness.