Am I Going To Run Out Of Room?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by highnifty, May 16, 2014.

1. When I veg'd these plants, I was intending to be able to flower them in my 7ft tall grow space. Circumstances changed and I'm now down to two plants of the six seeds I started. I've had to confine my grow to a small cabinet and I'm afraid that I didn't do enough training early on to tame these two into my new space once they start taking off! They're just finishing up they're first week of 12/12.
    Any tips on confining these two ladies?

2. Might be close. I'd tie them down when they start to stretch.

3. The light can go up about 6" from where it's at now. And if absolutely necessary, I can bring the plants down 4ish inches.

4. LMAO- only because I ran into the same problem! Had to move from a room into a cabinet, and had a real bumblefuck before it was over.
     My journeys have taught me, as a general rule of thumb- they will FINISH 3-4 times larger than what they were when you sent them into flower. If 10 inches +- is all the room you have to play with, it's going to get interesting at the very least.
     Best wishes

5. Id tie them down. It wouldnt be too late to scrog. That way you would make the most of the horizontal space you have and could keep them a foot lower if you do it well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #7 GoldGrower, May 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
    Just keep LSTing as they go through the 3-4 week stretch. They keep growing in height after that but at a much slower pace. Just keep tying down the branches to keep the canopy low, even, and full. 

ScrOG would have been a great choice but as you are already flowering it probably isn't going to be worth it. LST will allow you to be in complete control so I would do that 

If you do no training then yes, you will run out of height

7. Well, I tell ya, if Godzilla poked his head in through the bedroom window, you bet your sweet ass I would run out of the room!

8. Omg yes u most certainly will

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I did some LSTing and put up a net for future support. I hope I'm good. If hate to burn any buds! :learning:

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400389007.262974.jpg

10. I tied the four tops in towards the center and the outside of the next node down got tied out too.