Am i getting the full use of my carbon filter

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stayingcalm, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Ok i have my filter set up with ducting connecting my fan to the filter the fan blows air out towards me is thisbthe correct way to use it im not sure i cant get a picture right now

2. Yea, that is how it goes. You want the fan to pull air through the filter rather than push it through the filter. Though the latter may work, the filters are designed to work the way you have it now.

3. i thoughtbthat but it doesnt really suck if u know what i mean little to no suction its only 4 inch

Thanks for input mate

4. i positioned my carbon filter at the top of the box where the air is hottest, the air flow goes from the carbon filter through the air cooled hood then to the fan and out the box and out the room after that. I know i have some excess ducting in there but thats how it goes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. #5 jay719, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
    You wont feel a large suction on the outside of the filter when it is hooked up because they way they are built is spreads the intake flow over the entire filter so you don't have all the air rushing through one point. If you want to see how good it is working fire up a bowl and blow a bit of smoke. That will give you a visual of exactly how much air is being moved. Also to improve efficiency of the system make sure that you ducting is a short as possible and as straighht as possible. Turns and curves in the duct system reduce at least some of the airflow as does long duct runs.

6. #6 PNWClosetGrower, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
    If you have turns in your ducting make sure you have twice the air flow you need to compensate. Worked for me.

7. I had a mouse problem in the house. so I got some poision and they all died a couple days later it smelled like dead mice everywhere so I got one of those $10 air cleansers they have and the smell was gone.