Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Am I fooling myself?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by HalfBaked1, Feb 11, 2008.

1. so I'm 19 years old and I live with my parents. I smoke daily maybe 2 jays a day. I'm pretty careful and I am pretty stealthy when it come to smoking at home. So I am super high and I am thinking l, am I fooling myself into a faulse sense of security when I think I'll never get caught ? Am I being naive ? Its it inevidible?

Thanks guys

2. some do some dont..... most do tho. in my experience at least

god what you said is how i felt about my growing..... untill last month.

3. well, ur parents will kno. theres really no way to get away from that fact, they will one day realize u smoke, or find something, or smell u when u come back.

my parents found out, they cant do shit about it tho, im not living at home.

4. yeah dude it will come sooner or later. I'm 18 and I have been smoking for about a 2 years now maybe a good 3 to 5 times a day. My parents had absolutely no suspicion that i even touched marijuana, they thought i was good lol. But then one night by accident my mom went to the basement and stumbled upon an ounce of bud by complete accident. It was in my heavy winter coat on a chair when my parents never come into the basement. i think its bound to happen UNLESS you are super careful with how you handle it. My suggestion is find a great concealed hiding place and keep your stash of things in there at all times. Even when you bring it own to smoke and your really high afterwards, dont just set it down and say you will get it later take it right back to your stash spot. Just be careful or... get your own place haha

5. the longer u live with ur parents the more likely they are to find out. How long it takes really just depends on ur parents. mine knew before i told them but didnt care anyway. some parents can be nieve and see the signs right in front of them but still not believe it. i wouldnt worry about the peeps never knowing as much as the cops though.

6. I would say that, just by asking that question, you far more educated than most 19 year olds. Which is good. You'll be able to keep it a secret for a good while. However, at the same time I would tell you to understand that you can "only throw the ball from half court so many times before you end up making it". What that means is eventually something/someone will slip up.

Now that just takes you to, Do your parents care? Are they the type that would call the piggies on you? Or can you sit down with them, as adults, and explain to them that it really isn't that bad. Only you know the answer to these questions.

Now I will say if your parents are not the type to allow any 'drugs' in the house I would probably move out with some close friends. However, if you can talk with them...I would suggest that you do A LOT of research on true mj studies so you have some what of an argument. Saying that you just like to do it, doesn't justify it as much as "it helps my insomina" or "it helps me with my menstral cycle". That one might not work though if your not female ;)

7. Its very good that you are asking yourself that question. After many times smoking in places where your not allowed to ie. home you get so used to it that you lose that paranoia. Of course the losing paranoia might feel good but it will make you less cautious and make worst choices. Like for example without the paranoia you start to push your limits and say "oh i wont get caught" but if you had the paranoia you would think "wow thats a fucking stupid idea".

Heres an example, my friends one time decided to smoke a fat bowl in their parents downstairs bathroom which is like 6x6, pretty small. Their parents were right upstairs. They got so used to getting away with it dumb things like that that they thought they would again this time. Well they got caught as you can guess.

8. It's not like your parents have never been high (probably) or at least been around people who are high. You can fool them for a while, but stoners slip up bro :p

9. you will get caught its pretty much impossible to not get caught, your parents probably already know what your doing and havent said anything to you, I have been high in front of my parents numerous times they just don't say anything to me

cops on the other hand is what u gotta be aware of they can really fuck you over always be smart about where u smoke and try not to drive with weed in the car if possible. My and my buddy were driving back to my house we were one block away when we got pulled over for a "broken tail light" kid didn't have a license and they caught me with a pre rolled blunt and some schwag

10. thanks for all the responses guys

I acaully just came back from yet another stealth smoke session LOL

The thing is my family owns 5 businesses so there home maybe from 1130 pm to 8am then thy are out working. My bro and sis are alwwaysout so I basically have a free crib all day when I get back from school. So I'm sorta pushing the limits for now but I know I'm gonna fuck myself eventualy

11. i never brought anything into the house, but my parents figured it out when i started smelling like blunt everytime i came back from 'hanging at my friends house'

12. I'm in a similar situation, and i have a few guidelines i follow to stay incognito (i got caught by my rents when i first started) make it a point to put everything away before you start (i would recommend that since you smoke jays you don't have a bowl to stash away) or put everything away AS SOON as you are done smoking. I also try to anticipate any reasons they might look/stumble upon my shit, and not hide it there if i think the risk is too great. As long as you follow those two rules, it will go a long way to keeping everything good.

13. I'm 19 and I've been smoking almost everyday since I was in 9th grade. I have been extremely careful, and have been fortunate enough to never get caught. I don't know if my parents know I smoke, because I've always denied it. I would think they would know, because my lips have turned so black, but they act like they don't. It's better to let your parents see you as good, rather than a stoner

14. why are your lips black? ive been smoking for a while and i still have pink lips.

15. haha what the fuck? seriously now though man, you must be smokin on some gnarly ass weed if your lips are turning black.

and all i've got to say about being stealthy, and such, just don't get to comfortable. don't take it for granted. because one night you'll just be real stoned and leave something out, and they'll bust into your room in the morning to tell you something, and your pipe or some shit is just chillin on the desk. happened to me too many times. just always be as cautious as possible.

16. My parents always knew I drank entirely too much. So when they found out I smoked weed at college it wasn't a big deal cause they thought I was a full on alcy already

I've left ounces on kitchen tables, VERY poorly hidden bongs, and the sort

I guess my dad sees it as less of a threat when I already got a Drunk in Public (disorderly conduct now bitches, get a lawyer)

Mom still calls me a drug addict tho

17. you need to chill out
    smoking is self reflection of yourself.
    your mom is a dumb twit to call you a dug addict
    cannabis is not a drug its medicine

18. good advice here, like cleaning up before actually smoking or not getting too comfortable. visine, febreeze, and a mild cover up like axe or something are good investments too. if you toke in your room, candles or those air puff things are a good idea, incense works too but can be a bit obvious. i did some major reorganizing to my room as a cover up for setting up candles. keeping your door always locked is good too.. can start locking it for no reason and when they ask why its locked say its a habit and ask why they cant knock. eventually theyll get used to it being locked and wont think somethings up when it is.

the main thing though is to just not get too comfortable.. make sure you plan ahead every time you smoke and try to have a backup excuse ready just incase. of course the best thing is just to move out(though still need to be careful of neighbors). but until then.. gl, if youve gotten this far theres no reason not to try to avoid it till youre out.

19. you aint lyin, you speak the truth. if people who live with their rents think theyll go unnoticed, they are wrong. ultimately, if your in your parents house, whatever they do to you is fair game. if they say no pot, its no pot, no arguments. if they are putting a roof over ya head, id hate to see what happens if they were to take it away over some pot smoking... and ive seen it happen, and its not pleasant.

20. oxycontin is a medicine too, just a shame that people dont keep it that way... or use it as prescribed.

be careful when using the term medicine, because when the feds dont let you so much as call it that in a courthouse, theres a fat chance you parents will in their home.