Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

am i doing this right?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cbrian, Sep 7, 2008.

1. #1 cbrian, Sep 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2008
    i'm kinda new to smoking, and i don't have any one to teach me..
    how i smoke is: i make an apple pipe and load a nug a little bit bigger than the hole(which is made by a pen). i put mouth to hole and light a fire right above the weed. i suck in and inhale. wait 10 seconds, inhale a little air and then exhale. the weed turns to black from green pretty fast, after about 3 lights. once it starts getting black the hits make me a little sick and i cough a lot. do i stop then? or smoke it until its white? or should it completely burn away?

i feel a little high but it's not amazing or anything. i'm a little hungry and weird feeling but i'm not starving or laughing a lot. my motor functions still work pretty well.

should that one small nug get me baked? or am i just not smoking enough? how much do you smoke to get high? there's only about 6 or 7 nugs of that size in the eight i bought. does it matter how fast you smoke? do i need to take more time between hits?

also how much do i have to smoke until it no longer affects me at all?

also the apple was a little bit wet. somebody said that might be a problem, is that true?

2. Man just listen to yourself. Your baked right now. I'm baked to it's okay. Lol damn man I'm sorry but just all the questions you ask are funny.

3. #3 sikander, Sep 7, 2008
    Some answers, in no particular order. (If you can't work out which answer fits to which question, you're baked, btw)

Unless that small nug is some dank shit, you probably shouldn't be _baked_ from it. if I split a decent-sized nug between me and a couple friends it's usually enough to get me started on feeling good. When I go blazing, I usually start with three or four bowls and I'm feelin' fine for hours.

Try inhaling right after you've finished your hit, not right before you exhale. The inhale helps the hits from hurting too much. I've heard holding a normal-sized hit for longer than 6 or 7 seconds is just a waste of time.

Basically, as long as there's something there to burn, burn it. When it all goes to ash you may as well give up.

Duh, it shouldn't be wet. You're trying to light something on fire!

Is it your first time smoking? I basically felt the same way the first couple times I smoked.

I would recommend pacing your hits. Take a few hits and wait a minute or two before going further. I've gone way too fast before and started tripping major balls. It was so scary. I couldn't move and any kind of visual stimulus just made me want to vomit and cry because it was so INTENSE.

So yeah, pace yourself. :)

You shouldn't be able to smoke so much it no longer affects you at all.

Also, get a proper piece. Apple pipes are ghetto.

4. yeah dude ur just high. lol. try to just smoke as much as u want but like sikander said, pace yourself, ive smoked too much in too little a time and scaed the shit outta me and made me feel like shit for 9 hours, then i had a nice lil buzz/burnout for 3 more after that XD. idk how much i usually smoke, sometimes i smoke all day, others i just rip a little piece off of a nug and smoke that with my waterfall. just depends on how high u want to get. the more you smoke the higher you get haha. and the longer youre high. soo...sorry for rambling but yeah just smoke till you're content then chill and listen to music or something lol ^_^b

5. man i remember the first time i smoked i got 2 shotguns and hit a blunt and i was gone..everything was in slow motion..i was fucked :smoke:

6. so are you guys spending a lot of money on weed? 4 bowls sounds like about an eight - $20ish? every time you smoke? seems like that can add up

7. Hahah this is cute. :D

8. yeah dude it adds up...u might want to invest in a piece also....apples aren't bad if you don't have anything, there just too messy for me...andu if that was ur first time, thats probably y u didn't get high, if u only smoked a small bowl......the first time i smoked i got high, but only because i smoked a shitload, while skiing, good times

9. and if u spent 20 u prolly didn't get an eigth....prolly a gram or so (depending on where u live)

10. #10 sikander, Sep 7, 2008
    A dub usually is enough for me to smoke about four, maybe five if I'm lucky, times. I've never weighed it out. My experience might be uncommon, though, since I live in the first real stop south of British Columbia. Weed is plentiful and relatively cheap here.:D

11. lol dude ur tweakin. just take a breather and pace urself. and yes, it should take more than a tiny nug to get high. ditch the apple, get a piece, and learn to roll a joint. a book of ez wider is a little over 2 bucks at 7/11, and a joint is way more concealable and portable than a pipe or bong. plus a good glass pipe/bong can get kinda pricey. thats just my oppinion tho, do what works best for u.

12. 4 bowls for 20? o_O No no no. I got about 7 bowls out of the last dime I had. All depends on how much you break up the weed really.

13. Don't smoke through an apple. I know it works and some people like it but if your just new and starting out to smoke you probaly arent doing it right (maybe you are). Try smoking a blunt or something a bowl so you can actually feel the smoke going in your lungs.

Oh and oh yeah when you smoke don't except anything or how its suppose to feel when your high. And then out of no where its gonna hit you like a fucking train! have fun!

14. [​IMG]
    you need to make a bowl and break the weed up into it in the apple, it makes it so the weed burns evenly and longer and better.

15. you prolly didnt smoke till your high

you probaly werent high really

just smoke till your body feels numb in a good way
    and you feel like everything around you is different

16. somehow.. when you said you put a nug in there.. i imagine you not breaking it up so i ask.. ARE you breaking up your weed or just shoving the nug in? lol

17. well sometimes it takes up to 30 minutes to peak
    and make sure ur inhaling into ur lungs not just holding in ur mouth

18. Hm well what i do is i load a tiny nug to cover up the hole in w/e smoking device i use then i break up some of the bud with my fingers and load that on top of the nug. Then i light it up and hold it in for about 6 seconds thats all you need to get mostly all the THC. and i repeate till it turns grey( bud that turns white means chemicals were used while growing the bud you want it to turn a light grey not white) Then i blast some music with some dope base and then im lifted