Am I doing this right

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pacmans.toking, Sep 28, 2013.

1. So I have a few plants this is my first time cultivating and I just wana know if what I got going is ok. My main concern is the tips of my leaves are curling down I cut back the water but there still doin it. I have a good room setup with a 1000watt mh and two 600 watt hps they are in fox farms soil with gold label hydro corn layers its been on a even npk of 1-1-1 and then a boost about once a week of 4-1-2 the stems are a little bigger than a sharpie is round there only about 3 and a half maybe 4 weeks old any advice on things to do or to stop doing would be appreciated thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Are you letting the soil get dry at least 2" down? If not, you're probably overwatering.

3. Ya I cut back to every other day and it seems to have helped a little but they still just curl a little down right at the tips

4. Curled tips like that are usually a sign of over-fert. Not sure your feeding schedule but cut back on the mutes for a while.

5. Yea it's prob over fert. During the veg stage it's very easy to over fert. When I first started I would always have small issues here and there with my plants and I would follow a fert schedule of every 3rd watering. I changed it to every 4th watering and havnt had an issue since. But remember every strain reacts differently to pretty much everything. I grew a afghan that I could damn near fertilize every damn day and that tough bitch would never show damage. I've had strains that no matter how light I fert she would show some signs of nute burn. These plants can drive a grower nuts sometimes.

6. Ya that was the next thing I was going to try ive been just using bio root with the 1-1-1 npk ever scense they where small and they never shown any othere nute stress I haven uped my levels but ill just cut off the nutes to them for a week and see how it goes thanks guys

7. Ok so now the branckes are folding upward it looks like some basterd cabbage