Am i doing this right? HELP!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crezydave, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Ok so this is my first grow. After years of waiting im finally doing it. i got four 4ft t5 fixure.putting out 19000 lumens. I germinated my seed (Nirvana Auto Bubbliouse Female) and i put them in organic seed starter soil. The containers are in an enclosed pan with a hightop cover. ( and yes its clear so the light can reflect) it even has air vents that i can open. Now my questions i would really apeciate responses....THANKS!!

1. Anything else i should do?
    2.Should i keep my vents open?
    3. Should i keep the lights on 24/7?
    4. i put my temp/hum inside the pan what levels should i be at?

2. Temp right now is 81 and Hum. is 65

Just put a fan in to cool down a little

3. Temps 75-78F, Humidity 60-80%, vents open if you see condensation forming on the cover, gentle light for a few weeks (no 1K HIDS!) , and pure water ph'd correctly, just moistened soil, not soaking. Careful with the fan, not too strong a breeze at first. Watch for new top growth in a few weeks to show roots are getting established. There is no one right way, so yea, your ok. Keep studying!

....and the cover is clear so it can transmit light, not reflect it. Good Luck!

4. excellent thank you so much for a fast response! The lights are really high above the plant. I bought a ph meter at home depot. its a big needle with a meter. everytime i put it in the water its at 7. Is that fine?

5. Gotta have those lights as close to the plants as possible without it turning into a heat problem

6. #6 TANKJR, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
    Is the plant in water? nope, I hope not anyway...ck the ph of the soil (6.3 to 6.5 generally for soil) adjust ph of water to bring soil to the correct ph and DO NOT put the lights too close to a seedling...it's not ready to go gangbusters on photosynthesis yet...gotta get it to focus on some root development first, then more light, then some nutes...first things first. Gotta crawl before you walk and walk before you run...nobody's born running.
    OP read stickys pertaining to PH!
    OP=Original Poster...jus sayin...

7. thanks!