Am i doing the LST right? Newbie here xx

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stomp420, May 8, 2019.

1. #1 Stomp420, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Hi Guys, I am a new grower in South Africa and thought i might as well experiment a bit with my first plant. I am growing a Amnesia Lemon Autoflower.
    I have decided to see how the plant would do if i put it in the outdoor sun during the day and indoors under a big 250 Watt CFL bulb at night(i also have a 60 true watt LED i could add once the plant is a bit bigger, or what do you guys think?) My plant gets about 20 hours of mixed direct sun/light a day.

Anyways my plant is 26 days old and i started to low stress train it at about day 15/16. I just want to get your opinions on if it looks like its on the right track for her age? Am I doing the LST correctly? Basically any input you guys have with experience.(BTW i am using the biobizz nutrient range)

You will see one picture that has a collage of 3 pictures(this is from week 1-3)
    Then the other pictures are of day 25 and day 26. Today at Day 26 is when i have started LST with the side branches and is my most recent update on how it looks.

P.S i know the one leaf is a bit funky as it have a miner in there but i took care of it.(I did not want to cut as it might cause stress or do you think this would be best to cut it off?)

Thanks, xoxo Alice

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. a
    aww thanks! glad to hear that. I have really been attentive to this plant and trying to apply the all the research i have done. I know there are so many things that could go wrong so i am quite happy i have not had any major issues yet.

3. Looks good and I agree. Just keep in mind you’ll most likely be the cause of the issues if they arise so keep it simple and don’t overthink the simple process of keeping a plant alive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I agree! I have read the main thing new growers do is over water and the medium they are using so i have made sure to not do that and have very aerated soil with a fabric pot so that she can breath and grow a good root structure. Also keeping the recomended dose of biobizz slightly lower as she is an autoflower. She gets water about every 3 days when her soil is dry.

5. Cutting off one leaf will not cause any stress to the plant. I snip them off all the time, because I eat them :) Growing autos as well.

6. Couldn’t agree more most growers cause their own issues with loving their plants to death!

• Like Like x 1